Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What out of the ordinary cars did you see today
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

These are just some of the cars that show at the local C&C

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

The common made uncommon.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Shocked
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

I like it, it's odd so it's cool.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Driving to OCTO last Saturday I saw this guy entering the freeway. He came up beside me, we exchanged thumbs up and cruised together for a few miles. I wasnt sure...What is it?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Austin Healey 3000.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Original Fiat 500 in the school parking lot near my house with it's engine flap up.
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

burgundy peugeot 204. and it made me realize those things were still around everywhere being driven daily when I was a kid and now they have effectively become "out of the ordinary".

same for jwold's fiat 500. my aunt had a blue beater one which was more fiberglass and bondo than actual car, and I still remember she drove me around letting me to stand on the seat and stick my head out of the sunroof to take the wind. funny thing, when I bought my bug she came with me to assist (had to go by train and back with the checks to pay for the car). she had never rode in a beetle, and as soon as we had the paperwork sorted and left heading home she immediately phoned my uncle and told him "you know, this bug is a very nice car, it's just like my old 500, only bigger".

ok sorry for the OT. just some fond memories coming back.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Does anyone know fiat's well? Have a question on the steering wheel I bought, 2 spoke and looks to me like it's from a 68-69 125s "Samantha" coach bodied car. Apparently only 100 cars made. I don't know if the wheel is from another Fiat or what, but the only pics I can find are on that car. Any info would be helpful

Asked on fiat forum but they don't allow pics until you have x Amt of posts

I post better pics later

These are the only ones I've found of the wheel in a car

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/17302/lot/252/

http://www.wyszukanesamochody.pl/2016/05/pereka-fiat-125s-samantha.html

https://classicvirus.com/2015/07/16/a-white-one-fiat-125s-samantha-by-vignale/
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

I think that's a Ferrero wheel. Looks similar to other wheels of that manufacturer. Not sure though, you can check for a stamped cursive "ferrero" script on the backside of the spokes.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Banner day for nice cars around here. The town we live in, Alpine, UT, is a fairly well-to-do area. We live in the old part of town that is still halfway affordable. All the new construction around here is in the $800K+ range. I get to see a few nice cars every day, but more today than usual. It started out when I pulled out of the driveway right behind an AMG G63. There are a few G-wagens around here, but this is the first AMG that I've seen. When turning onto main street, I pulled in behind an Audi R8. First one I've seen here. I was taking my wife and her mom up to the SLC airport so they can fly off to Europe for a week. Exited the interstate at 9000 South behind a Porsche Carrera 4. Made it up to the airport then came back through SLC. Saw an Audi A8L at a stop light then stopped at a Chinese buffet to eat. I parked next to a Maserati Ghibli. I talked to the owner for a few minutes. He said buying that car was the best thing he's ever done for himself.

This evening I went down to the local grocery store to buy a few items. There was an AMG GTS stopped at the stoplight. When we pulled out of the grocery store, we pulled in behind a Porsche Panamera 4S.

tldr;

AMG G63
Audi R8
Porsche Carrera 4
Audi A8L
Maserati Ghilbli
AMG GTS
Porsche Panamera 4S

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

New Trans Am?

Although that 3.5 litre is a far cry from the 5.7 or even 7.3 (if I remember correctly) that used to be advertised.

hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

I think it's a Firechicken conversion you can have done to make your Camaro reasonably sexy. Remember, it takes two Pontiac parents to make a Trans Am. I'll miss that brand.

And OK, Notchback, we get it. You're among affluent now and wish to blend away from your, ahem, humble former address. Also, we understand if you don't want us to know you took that country club valet job- so you needn't spread these sightings out all over town as we also know your wife won't eat buffet. We're here to help, not to judge.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
I think it's a Firechicken conversion you can have done to make your Camaro reasonably sexy. Remember, it takes two Pontiac parents to make a Trans Am. I'll miss that brand.

And OK, Notchback, we get it. You're among affluent now and wish to blend away from your, ahem, humble former address. Also, we understand if you don't want us to know you took that country club valet job- so you needn't spread these sightings out all over town as we also know your wife won't eat buffet. We're here to help, not to judge.
Believe me, Bradford, I'd much rather be at my humble old address in Idaho. I could post about all the John Deere tractors that I saw on a daily basis that made all the cars down here look cheap. I miss working on the farm. I was up there last week and stopped by the farm I worked on. Sad that I'm not working there running the mint still anymore.

No country club for me. I'm still driving the 27 year old Geo Metro that I've driven for the past 6 years. I love the looks I get passing all those rich homes. People look at me as if I'm driving a free candy van. Utah sucks.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
hitest wrote:

Believe me, Bradford, I'd much rather be at my humble old address in Idaho. I could post about all the John Deere tractors that I saw on a daily basis that made all the cars down here look cheap. I miss working on the farm. I was up there last week and stopped by the farm I worked on. Sad that I'm not working there running the mint still anymore.

No country club for me. I'm still driving the 27 year old Geo Metro that I've driven for the past 6 years. I love the looks I get passing all those rich homes. People look at me as if I'm driving a free candy van. Utah sucks.

Maybe you should consider putting a baffle in that stinger then?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Alfa Romeo, tag reads "SCUSI"

slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Saturday night I saw a Maybach S600 V12 Twin Turbo like this one (not my pic):

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

I didn't snap a pic but I saw a pristine Plymouth Prowler on the road yesterday. When they first came out I used to see them all the time, by gum, its been a while....

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Jump to:
Page 19 of 63

Jump to: