Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Nice VW video
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarlosZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Nice VW video Reply with quote

I stumbled upon this video. Maybe one of you will enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/g_-7-qWK2x0
Ludwig van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Nice VW video Reply with quote

That was really enjoyable, except for the remark about how these vehicles break down all the time. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've had two breakdowns in twenty-two years with this bus, one due to a corroded battery cable and the other due to junky aftermarket points.
Doing your own basic maintenance helps a lot, because you're more likely to spot potential problems while you're under the bus or have your head in the engine bay. Maybe if your bus gets all of its maintenance at a shop, there could be suprises that no one saw coming.
I'd be interested to know if I'm the only one who's tired of hearing that busses are unreliable.
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice VW video Reply with quote

X2, Ludwig.

Even though I suffered a few breakdowns on a recent camping trip, they were all due to my ignorance. Once the little problems are fixed (along with my ignorance!), I'm sure I'll have a very reliable daily driver again.

I always think of the plumbing company in Chicago that posts pics of their fleet of VW buses used for their daily business trips. If they can survive that kind of punishment, they are bulletproof...unlike the bullet riddled bus in the video. Lol

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice VW video Reply with quote

Too long. I skipped to the end and I swear that long hair reminded me of Hasta
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: