Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

72 Bay Window Raby Touring Special!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 72 Bay Window Raby Touring Special! Reply with quote

Dude Steve, congrats! I'm glad life is finally aligning in the way it needs to for you to rock this install. Good luck!

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sjhotz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 72 Bay Window Raby Touring Special! Reply with quote

Thanks Robbie!

Your continued trials and exploits were no small inspiration I assure you! Keep living the dream my friend, I am slowly finding my way back to it!

Update time!

Managed to make some major VW progress the past 2 days! A majority of the rusted battery tray is out (removing that strip along the curved outer wall was both harrowing and surprisingly easier than I expected).

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

All that is left is the inner stuff along the frame rail, easy grinder access there so tomorrow I should have all metal out and my Gerson tray test fitted. More pics to follow soon!

74 Thing
72 Bay Window Westy TinTop
sjhotz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 72 Bay Window Raby Touring Special! Reply with quote

Hello all!

I did it! After long years of searching I have finally found a Home and the time to truly enjoy my VW / Camping lifestyle. I'm now in Southwestern WA (about an hour north of Portland/Vancouver), semi retired with a busload (swidt!) of time and more than enough space to work (after cleaning up some crap from the previous owner, which i'm currently in the middle of heh, whoo what a mess).

As stated in my thread on the Thing forums, one of my intended purposes is to make this property a welcome spot for us all. A VW Homely House of the West, you will have to forgive my shameless Tolkien reference, but it does summon to mind the sense of warmth and welcome I wish to impart to any who visit here.

On to the Bus update!

I am currently clearing out space in my garage (post move) so the project may continue! The previous owner left a metric crap ton of junk I need to get rid of, but there are a few hidden treasures (Jerry Cans & gas cans galore, towing equipment and supplies, an engine lift, the list goes on). I hope to complete the battery tray soon and do a mock fitting of the engine with the transmission married up so I can see what my mounting options are.

So good to be back in the saddle again!

See you all in the funny papers!
-sjhotz

74 Thing
72 Bay Window Westy TinTop
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: