Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empi Sportster Roll Call
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Yea that does look like a nice Sportster and the price seems good to. I saw pics of it in this thread. Hopefully if the weather holds out Im taking mine to the shop next town over to get the top made(Monday) The PO had a board up behide the roll bar Im getting covered in carpet also. Me and my neighbor fixed it yesterday for easy on and off . Used some conduit clamps with blind nuts in the wood , the nuts will be covered by the carpet. The PO had the board on there with zip ties.
My replacement wheel should be here Monday so hope to get that on when it gets back from the Top Shop Im off all week on vacation.
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Rodney Robeson's 61'sh Empi Sportster on slammed 69 IRS pan, adj beam and brand spank'n new balanced 1641 with dual Kads. "Handles like a go cart. Hella fun to drive. I call it the "Sloppy Jalopy." You've heard of "farm to table", well mine is "field to tollway." Giggle, not sure I can keep it, run'n out of room. I was try'n to have worlds first rat rod VW dune buggy. Don't know if we did it or not, but here it is."

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Got the buggy back yesterday having the top made and the board behide the roll bar covered in carpet. I think the guy did a good job. I finally got the new wheel (left rear) in this week and got it put on this morning. Good to be back driving it , its been awhile due to waiting on that replacement wheel[img]

[/img]
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Hello All,

BL3Manx,
Thats a sweet ride, I really like the stance on the Sportster. If Rodney is interested is selling let me know.

Vponder,

Love the top, it has a nostalgic look to it.

Tony Cool
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

yankee1919 wrote:
Hello All,

BL3Manx,
Thats a sweet ride, I really like the stance on the Sportster. If Rodney is interested is selling let me know.

Vponder,

Love the top, it has a nostalgic look to it.

Tony Cool

I sent you a PM
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

BL3Manx wrote:
Rodney Robeson's 61'sh Empi Sportster on slammed 69 IRS pan, adj beam and brand spank'n new balanced 1641 with dual Kads. "Handles like a go cart. Hella fun to drive. I call it the "Sloppy Jalopy." You've heard of "farm to table", well mine is "field to tollway." Giggle, not sure I can keep it, run'n out of room. I was try'n to have worlds first rat rod VW dune buggy. Don't know if we did it or not, but here it is."

IRS rear & kingpin front?

bryan
ottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

BL3Manx wrote:

By far the coolest sporty I've seen!
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Hey Hey, most sportster owners say the same about there own rides Wink
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Guess what I found in my storage today?! I totally forgot about these!

I placed them in a large portfolio and had tucked it away.
Now I can go back and start to redo a couple of things.
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Nice Find where did you get all of them ?
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

When I bought the Sportster back in 06, the owner gave me these plus other stuff. Trust me I totally forgot.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

If it's possible, it would be awesome to get scans of those documents for the site.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

NEW EMPI SPORTSTER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxF7mvccVkE&t=54s

I will be posting regular videos along with updates.

Tony
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

I would be willing to reimburse you for a copy mailed in a tube.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Are these bodies bolted on and can easily removed ??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sandhopper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

The 2 I have were bolted then welded , I don't think they were meant to be removed . I have seen a body only on here so I quess it could be done
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Thanks Sandhopper. I have heard of one in my area and am trying to get a look at it.
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Hello Johnnyniceguy,

I looked at my pan and body and it looks welded. In the original body it looks like it can be bolted straight on to shorten pan.

I will take some pics and it will give you an idea.

The plans I have I've seen on Ebay, it comes on a CD.

If you have a chance to look up the different types of Empi's out there you see they come in different flavors. Cool

Good luck
Tony
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Sand hopper, any new pics?
sandhopper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

No Tony , I have not been able to work on the aluminum one much ( too Hot here ) I know not as hot as Bakersfield
I had the trans rebuilt and picking up new parts for the brakes
Larry
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 33

Jump to: