Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Halsey Automotive Repair in Portland Or
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thread
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Halsey Automotive Repair in Portland Or Reply with quote

tl;dr I'm looking for feedback on Halsey Automotive Repair in Portland Or. I have a 67 Type 1 that has a loose clutch cable tube that needs to be re-welded.

After 24 years of ownership it's time to start giving my 1967 Type 1 the restoration its deserved. It's my first car and well, I've learned a lot by owning it and working on it. And, in some cases, to both of our detriments if you know what I mean.

I've not driven it in the last several years due to the clutch cable having snapped loose both at the front and below the e-brake. I'd have dealt with it sooner but, job, family, etc. And, I've recently moved back to the Portland after a 20 year absence.

Before tearing it down for a restoration, I'd like to drive it a bit again which means getting the clutch cable tube addressed. This exceeds my capabilities as I've only ever dabbled in welding and really don't relish the idea of mucking it up. I want to repair the car, not do more learning damage to it that I'll have to undo later.

Which brings me to Halsey Automotive Repair. 20 years ago I knew of them when the air cooled "scene" was much bigger here. They had a solid reputation for quality air cooled work.

Is that still the case with them? Looking at their website there's not a lot of older Type 1s in the shots. I went and visited their parts store yesterday and they definitely have the parts thing covered. But, I'm curious about their prowess with air cooled and tackling a chore like the clutch cable tube issue.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Halsey Automotive Repair in Portland Or Reply with quote

Search the feedback thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

In particular:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93348
Thread
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Halsey Automotive Repair in Portland Or Reply with quote

Ooo, nifty! Bookmarked and thanks!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Halsey Automotive Repair in Portland Or Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Search the feedback thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

In particular:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93348

Please use their existing feedback thread above if you have any input - he has reposted this question there.

Locked.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: