Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bustedtype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Thank you!!!
I am going to El Prado show "Black star" campout. It would be cool representing the Wild Westerner at the show. Their was another WW at Wine Waves and beyond. I let him know about this forum and the club.
VWRESTOMODMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Thought I'd post a few photos and share a few things about how the progress is going. I've been driving the Wild Westener for a little over a week now and even took it to its first car show last Friday. It was fun and interesting to listen to the comments from those who looked it over, as well as to talk with some people who wanted to find out more about this special bus. Most comments were real good with a few saying "that sure is a lot of green".

I think what I enjoy most about owning these VW buses is hearing all the stories from the many people who have owned one, knew someone who had one, rode in one, wishes they still had one, etc.....the stories never get old.

So I've got almost 155 miles on it now and getting ready to adjust the valves and then give it over to the guys at Paradise Motorsports to put it on the dyno to dial in the carbs and make the final settings on the timing. Had the alignment done and I'm very pleased with how it drives, straight and smooth at freeway speeds.

Big shout out to Bill for taking the time to make up the stickers, can't wait to apply them to my bus to make it offical. Also want to thank Dave for the stickers he sent me as well, one which is already affixed to the left rear window.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hello Folks

Please keep referring to Post on page 114 for Certification Decal Shipments.

Also I want to announce a New Find.

Jim from Happy Valley Oregon has contacted me with pictures and i have confirmed thru the m-code plate he is the proud owner of a Wild Westerner.

These Critters are popping up after five years of searching.

Collie is wanting to complete the registry as soon as possible.

So the sooner you request your Certification decals we can add you to the registry. See page 114

Until next time... Peace Out Smile

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bustedtype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

So cool!!
Came just in time to rock Prado and I was not even set up before people were asking about wild westerners and the Glow worm.

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hello Folks....

I haven't heard from any of the Wild Westerner owners abroad requesting decals...

dumptruckface and others please contact me for your decals they are free.

Also I forgot about the Wild Westerner that sold last year in Mexico to someone in France. I'm asking Tito to try and track it down

I received a call yesterday from Jim in Happy Valley Oregon he wishes to sell his WW. Original paint no rust has air conditioning that works, runs and drives.

Many people have mentioned our proposed Wild Westerner reunion. Due to the fact that most are west of the Mississippi we should meet somewhere out west. For those of you currently working on your buses and wish to attend what kind of time frame do you think would be good for u to attend.

A Wild thought an unannounced gathering at Burning Man

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Here's one...

https://nd.craigslist.org/cto/6181497120.html
ricosworld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: N D Bus Reply with quote

Someone must have drove it when they went to the oil fields to go to work then got enough money and bought a Vanagon...
Good price just like the one in Happy Valley sold for 6700 on ebay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Do we have anyone interested, we need the serial number ?

SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I'm lazy and didn't copy the link, there is a Westerner for sale out of Canada right now in the classifieds. Guy is asking $7k for it. No longer has exterior striping, though the correct blue and green combo.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ed Hoffmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hey guys , there is one for sale in Portland with 58k original miles as well on CL.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
I'm lazy and didn't copy the link, there is a Westerner for sale out of Canada right now in the classifieds. Guy is asking $7k for it. No longer has exterior striping, though the correct blue and green combo.

Is it the same as this one?

cdennisg wrote:
Here's one...

Canada isn't far from Williston, ND.
jmattso1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
SamboSamba22 wrote:

Is it the same as this one?

cdennisg wrote:
Here's one...

Canada isn't far from Williston, ND.

Dennis, believe it or not but it was a Westfalia setup. With the roof popped up you could see the lighter green top. I looked again and haven't been able to find it. But I swear I saw it in the classifieds. Under search term Westfalia (I was looking for price variations through the years). Sorry I thought I had already commented to your remarks.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwluvrs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Not mine, but one for sale over here!

>Click< to see my stuff for sale
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I don't think I have seen this one before. Please get a serial number and ask them to contact me for certification decals.

Also my WW did sell after ebay expired and the new owner is listed on page 114.
It now lives on in Wake Forest, NC

RixiesRide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Without going through all the pages, I think that may be the one posted by Benehana a couple of years ago.

Also, Bill you sold your bus?!

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/RixiesRide/WW/
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Yes but I still have my sons Wild Westerner here.

My daughter wants a Wild Westerner with automatic transmission so I sold mine.

I am retiring and it is my desire to travel all states in the lower 48 via a RV with a auto trailer attached in search of Wild Westerners and I will try to make them available to interested parties.
Wild Westerners appeared and disappeared in
Myrtle Beach, SC
North Carolina
Alabama
Pennsylvania
and many other states.
So I'm devoting a year or so to going to VW Swap meets with flyers and spreading the gospel about Wild Westerners.
As mentioned as crazy as it sounds it is my desire to have one in all 50 states Hawaii already has one and Alaska had one and maybe there is another up there. Currently, I am wrapping up business in SC and will notify the masses when the search begins. Hopefully, i will get to meet many of you and cook a pig. (Carolina Style)

In other news, Tito in Mexico is tracking down the Wild Westerner that was sold in Mexico City last year.

Not to worry for I am only becoming more involved in the search of these illusive critters.

That is my story and i'm sticking to it. .

Later tater

vwluvrs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

current owner did not want to give up his VIN number
>Click< to see my stuff for sale
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

vwluvrs wrote:
current owner did not want to give up his VIN number

It used to be the law in California (and other states, too, I think) to publish the VIN in any advertising if you were selling it.
And, wow, you better not drive it on public roads if you don't want the VIN to be seen. I guess you could obscure it...
I have a little trouble understanding how one could get hurt by making the VIN public.
I have certainly disclosed about 10 of my personal vehicle's VINs to this list. Am I at risk? How?
If I find out soon that my 1956 single cab was stolen prior to the time I got it. wouldn't I be better off finding out now rather than after I have sunk another $20k into it? Or, I could just enjoy a non legit car for the rest of my life and let my heirs deal with the legal problems after I'm gone?
No, I'll straighten out my own mess if I know about it.
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

No vin no certification decal.

The decals help in the following ways:
1 It easily identify s this bus as a Special Edition Vehicle and hopefully will save it from the junk yard.
2 Possibly increase the value of these buses.
3 Inspire people own and restore them.
4 Ownership bragging rights .

The decals are free including postage.

Maybe the owner will read a little about our secret society and want to participate or at least pass it on to the new owner so they can participate.

Keep searching for theses critters are still popping up.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 115 of 169

Jump to: