Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Project?
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Project? Reply with quote

I just got a beach buggy for 500$ parts and all seem ok, but i can't identify the pan. How can I figure this out? I need brakes, but don't know what to buy. And the search button guys, yeah I don't use that. Become social and talk to me. All I can really identify is that I have a link pin front end. Looks stock.
Selym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Project? Reply with quote

I did get some numbers;

25vw043.101.101 oil pan
as41 engine
Ah335809 engine
-1-0900322 pan

I haven't found anything that really helps with these. And my pink slip is for a custom built Ca car first registered in 73. Yr on pink slip is 0000
Q13931152
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Project? Reply with quote

A quick search for that chassis number in the technical section comes up as a 55.
Selym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Project? Reply with quote

Q13931152 wrote:
A quick search for that chassis number in the technical section comes up as a 55.

I have been truing for 3 hours with these number from Google to here. I'll try again. Did you use the pan number or which?
Selym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Project? Reply with quote

Q13931152 wrote:

Sorry didn't fully read. Looking for the technical section now.
Selym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Project? Reply with quote

Doesn't my pan have too many numbers for a 55? I apologise but I'm new. And just looking for answers. Looked ad the vw vin decoders, multiple sites. Just don't get it.
dirtkeeper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Project? Reply with quote

Pictures would help the even if you know the date of the pan it very well could be modified.
Q13931152
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Project? Reply with quote

Ignore the first - Smile
The rest of the chassis number says it was built some time in June of 1955.

Its all there in the technical section under beetle (type 1) VIN/chassis numbers
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/bugchassisdating.php .

The number listed is the last one for that particular month, so if your numerous falls within the range of the previous month and what's shown...well there's your answer.

And yeah, I agree that since its a buggy now chances are its been highly modified and its also very possible the previous owner may have had to re-title it with a new ID number for whatever reason....not having the original title , etc.. ..you never really know for sure sometimes.

The biggest question is does the VIN on the title match anything on the car now? If so go with that since it matches the paperwork as far as registering it goes, but for parts (at least some parts anyhow) you can use the year of was made.

Its very possible though that being that old chances are a lot of the parts have been changed out to newer components( the AS41 engine number for example is for a replacement engine, not the original, the transmission and (possibly) the brakes have most likely has been changed out as well....all pretty common buggy stuff ), in which case pictures of what you have will be the biggest help in getting you the parts you're after.

Hope that helps some. Be sure to post some pictures of what you're working with and looking for, and it'll be a lot easier to get the help you're after.
Selym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Project? Reply with quote

I appreciate the link and explanation. When I get the wheels off I'll get some pictures posted. It hasn't been moved in three years and has drums, I just figured they would be stock, but your right. They may still be newer and an "upgrade" when it was built. Hopefully be back soon with pictures.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: