Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa.
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zappafan428
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

I had a lady contact me about a ghia that's been sitting at the side of her house for about 15 years. I'm in Canada, so it's not worth my while to check it out or get it. She just wants it gone. I have no idea of the condition or the parts available, or the year. I have included 2 pics she sent me. So I do not have any more info on this car than what's in the pics. I think she was going to apply for a title, it doesn't have one. If she applies for that, she would like to recover the costs. I'm just putting it out there.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Zappafan428
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

There is no engine, no seats, I'll hopefully have a pic of the dash tomorrow. She has said that if no title is needed, then it's free.
DORIGTT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

Hey Zappafan428,
I'm not too far away from there and am in need of a non-chopped up pan with good torsions and such.
I'm VERY interested and can have someone go there immediately for me. I'll be there the week after next for work for 2 weeks, so I can / will go pick it up!

I just PM'd you my info.
Zappafan428
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

I have no idea of the condition of the pan, or the suspension. But for free I'm sure that there are a number of usable parts. I'll check out your pm.
Basketcase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

free is great. good luck
PolarBearVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

yeah those bumpers alone are worth the effort.
dc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

Did anyone snatch this one up? Question
Zappafan428
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

Dorigtt was the first to respond and has been in communication with the owner. If and when he picks it up, I'm sure he'll post on here so that we're not left hanging.
jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

nwghiaguy lives up in that neck of the woods.
DORIGTT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

Got it!
Very Happy

Picked it up last Tuesday. All I'm interested in is the incredibly solid pan and suspension. Does anyone have any requests for parts from it?
Basketcase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

I need the L&R chrome trim at the front of the side windows...not the circled part...google pic
rustfree1967bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

What year is it? I need a decent woodgran glove box door for my '69 as well as one of the rear side reflectors if it's a '68-69. Looks like it has trigger type door handles and overiders so must be somewhere in there.
'66 sunroof beetle
'74 bus
'67 so-42

IDA's...well... they talk dirty -MURZI
jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

I'm interested in the front bumper. Looks like it'll fit a 67.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

Im interested....in seeing more pics of it and that fine rattle can flame job. Wink Congrats.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Paul70Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

Kgpr advertise the glovebox door woodgrain covers at $13 - might be easier than trying to peel off and restick an old one.
rustfree1967bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

I figured I'd just take the whole glove box door, not just the woodgrain cover.
'66 sunroof beetle
'74 bus
'67 so-42

IDA's...well... they talk dirty -MURZI
Zappafan428
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

I'm glad it worked out for both of you.
63 vwnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

cant beat free.. not sure how far its from getting road worthy but you could always save it feom the slaughter house and resale it..

pans and suspension can be had all day long after market
DORIGTT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

My torsion tubes and rear body mounts were cut out and discarded. ..not my work. My body is solid, so this one has parts that are going to go bye-bye.

What is the best method for posting up parts? Classified, or here?

Last edited by DORIGTT on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DORIGTT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Basically free Ghia beater in Auburn Wa. Reply with quote

Basketcase wrote:

I need the L&R chrome trim at the front of the side windows...not the circled part...google pic

Hey Basketcase,
Only the passenger side had that part intact.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: