Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The 1500 Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 180, 181, 182 ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
notchboy wrote:
Did you look close at the 62 above? My old blue one? I always noticed that the crown where the VW sat was pronounced and looked higher and crisper than on later cars. Think

Yes, the hood stamping is different to accommodate the emblem

My parts book doesn't show the early emblem or a different hood to accommodate it. It does show that the more common emblem started at VIN#95100. Anyone else have a parts book that shows this info? My book is a December 1971 version
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shtmtl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
EverettB wrote:
notchboy wrote:
Did you look close at the 62 above? My old blue one? I always noticed that the crown where the VW sat was pronounced and looked higher and crisper than on later cars. Think

My parts book doesn't show the early emblem or a different hood to accommodate it. It does show that the more common emblem started at VIN#95100. Anyone else have a parts book that shows this info? My book is a December 1971 version

I looked and I have the same 1971 parts book.

1956 Oval
1958 Kombi
1962 Squareback
1962 Notchback
1962 Type 34
1962 Squareback
1964 Kombi
1964 Notchback
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

shtmtl wrote:
ibjack wrote:
EverettB wrote:
notchboy wrote:

Thanks Eric. I finally figured out what your user name was. Too many years thinking something wwwwaaaayyy different. Embarassed
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shtmtl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
shtmtl wrote:
ibjack wrote:
EverettB wrote:
notchboy wrote:

Thanks Eric. I finally figured out what your user name was. Too many years thinking something wwwwaaaayyy different. Embarassed

Easy once you find out I'm a SHeeT MeTaL worker.

1956 Oval
1958 Kombi
1962 Squareback
1962 Notchback
1962 Type 34
1962 Squareback
1964 Kombi
1964 Notchback
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

I'll look in mine today!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

311 823 031 Hood Front on my 1961-62 book
315 823 031 Hood Front on my 1965 booK

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
311 823 031 Hood Front on my 1961-62 book
315 823 031 Hood Front on my 1965 booK

Was there a different hood offered up thru 69? Just asking, as on my son's car, the hood doesn't have a provision for a prop rod, or holes across the front for a beak trim. It did come from Canada (across the river from us). Just curious, since we're talking hoods here. Thanks for any help/insight.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

I would figure they would have several variations, as N model were offered throughout the end of production.
What was mentioned earlier, early emblem vs late
Prop-no prop
3 or 4hole trim-no mustache trim
The same for pig nose.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
I would figure they would have several variations, as N model were offered throughout the end of production.
What was mentioned earlier, early emblem vs late
Prop-no prop
3 or 4hole trim-no mustache trim
The same for pig nose.

Yeah, but I've seen 69 and earlier cars with a prop rod hole in the hood frame, but no prop rod on the car. This hood doesn't have that, or the spot where it would have been stamped. It's currently attached to a 65 Square, so it's not a late model. And as far as the holes go, there's also no indents (3 or 4) in the back side of the hood for beak trim holes to line up with (if they were there). This thing is an oddity, and goes against everything I've seen at shows, events, the gallery pics, etc... Just thought maybe it had been called out in the parts book. I guess not. Think
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

A couple of early questions for you guys...
Where early bullet turn signal bases always chrome from the factory, or were some painted? Same question for the rear reflector bases... Where they always painted from the factory?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

(Above pic borrowed from Skim.)

(Above pic borrowed from Frenchy.)
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Short painted bases were used on all 62-63 models and all "N" or standard models through 69. Long chrome ones were used 64-67. Short chrome ones were used on 68 & 69 models.
the1500club.com
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

ibjack wrote:
Short painted bases were used on all 62-63 models and all "N" or standard models through 69. Long chrome ones were used 64-67. Short chrome ones were used on 68 & 69 models.

Thats the rear critter - yer the front bullets are always chrome.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
ibjack wrote:

Ok, that was my main Question.. thank you. So where the front "chrome" bases the same size 62/63 as 68> ?
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Critter1 wrote:
notchboy wrote:
ibjack wrote:

Ok, that was my main Question.. thank you. So where the front "chrome" bases the same size 62/63 as 68> ?

Yes, the only difference was that any car that had Euro headlights only had single prong, instead of the dual for the turn signals to double as running lights
the1500club.com
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Early narrow hood trim..... Was it a 64/65 only thing, or was it offered on 62/63 models as well?
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

no hood trim at all for 62/63

perhaps aftermarket accessory - there was a bug like handle too. Sick

Stevo Wide 5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

I know it is a long shot but I 'm looking for a set of NOS or very good grey rear armrests for my 62 notchback! Anybody that has a very good set or NOS set for sale?? Front ones I scored and have NOS in the box waiting to be replaces once I score a set of rear ones! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Check out my Aircooled blog @ http://stevo.skyblogs.be
Wide 5 Vintage Volkswagen Club
http://www.wide5.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Stevo Wide 5 wrote:
I know it is a long shot but I 'm looking for a set of NOS or very good grey rear armrests for my 62 notchback! Anybody that has a very good set or NOS set for sale?? Front ones I scored and have NOS in the box waiting to be replaces once I score a set of rear ones! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have not seen nos in a very long time. Be ready to buy later black ones if they even pop up. Then you will have the option to spray gray if needed. Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stevo Wide 5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Would that even look close to OG??

Check out my Aircooled blog @ http://stevo.skyblogs.be
Wide 5 Vintage Volkswagen Club
http://www.wide5.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1500 Club Reply with quote

Stevo Wide 5 wrote:
Would that even look close to OG??

If you paint all four no one will know except the four assholes on the planet that look for that stuff at shows Wink Laughing And that are into T3's Rolling Eyes Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 180, 181, 182 ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Jump to:
Page 181 of 192

Jump to: