Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A.S.S. Association of Split Sliders
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lightice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mg6770 wrote:
1960bus wrote:
Does any one have any close up pics of the slider pop out latch from the outside and the glass?

I managed to get a slider catch but it didn't come with a plate for the outside of the window and it looks like I'll have to machine one.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hope this helps. I found this on a recent trip to Europe. I blew it by not purchasing it. I was concerned it would just sit on the shelf since I don't have a slider bus.

This is for a right sided sliding door.

Last edited by lightice on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
lightice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: A.S.S. Association of Split Sliders Reply with quote

orangebug60guy wrote:
lightice wrote:
What I meant was to cut out the frame of the bay bus, install that frame into the split sliding door and use the bay hardware.

I think that would be more time and money. Not to mention it will never be square.

We don't need to cut out the whole frame, just where the hardware mounts on the frame itself.

The rest of the internal frame support can be kept.

Cost where I am in terms of labour isn't as much as buying some parts for a split slider.
lightice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: A.S.S. Association of Split Sliders Reply with quote

orangebug60guy wrote:
It's really hard to make out the part number on the back. Dang! Evil or Very Mad

The part number is

221 847 086C - Fastener - sliding door window 1
221, 225, 231, 235, 241

The left door one is
224 847 085A
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightice wrote:
mg6770 wrote:
1960bus wrote:
Does any one have any close up pics of the slider pop out latch from the outside and the glass?

I managed to get a slider catch but it didn't come with a plate for the outside of the window and it looks like I'll have to machine one.

Hope this helps. I found this on a recent trip to Europe. I blew it by not purchasing it. I was concerned it would just sit on the shelf since I don't have a slider bus.

Thank you for identifying the part. Makes me feel better that I didn't purchase it.
Phil 4:13
lightice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: A.S.S. Association of Split Sliders Reply with quote

You'll still need the glass and the frame to have a set. haha....

Right sided meaning its the standard door for LHD.
I gave up searching for this in RHD (left door) and just went with frameless popouts.
orangebug60guy
Twin #1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mg6770 wrote:
lightice wrote:
mg6770 wrote:
1960bus wrote:

Thank you for identifying the part. Makes me feel better that I didn't purchase it.

So this pictures latch is for a RHD sliding door bus? Which number above is for a LHD bus and the sliding door on the passenger side? I just want to get these right because it's hard to distinguish when you say "left" or "right" door.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lightice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightice wrote:
So this pictures latch is for a RHD sliding door bus? Which number above is for a LHD bus and the sliding door on the passenger side? I just want to get these right because it's hard to distinguish when you say "left" or "right" door.

No, the picture is for a right sided door, which is standard for LHD.

Right side door (standard on LHD) is 221
Left side door (standard on RHD) is 224

Of course VW allowed you to order different sided doors and also for the double door buses, that's why I didn't specifically state RHD or LHD, but sided instead.

Also, the latch mindscrews people because the popout window on sliders, being the first window, opens towards the rear.

Even for myself I always have to re-orient pictures to determine if they are left or right sided.
lightice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: A.S.S. Association of Split Sliders Reply with quote

An interesting thing to note, the bottom roller had a grease nipple that disappeared when the bay windows came.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: