Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Safe to drive with Side Curtains in and no top?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjhotz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Safe to drive with Side Curtains in and no top? Reply with quote

Hey gang, was wondering if it is safe to drive with the side curtains in and no soft or hard top on? Will they want to pull themselves out on the freeway?

Thanks in advance for any sage advice!
-sjhotz

74 Thing
72 Bay Window Westy TinTop
stevewp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Safe to drive with Side Curtains in and no top? Reply with quote

I personally would not take the chance.
86 Vanagon Westy
04 new beetle (given to my niece, Carina)
09 Jetta Sportwagen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Safe to drive with Side Curtains in and no top? Reply with quote

I have driven both of my cars with side curtains in with a Bikini top installed with no problem.
GB
ALANSD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Safe to drive with Side Curtains in and no top? Reply with quote

me too, in fact I have no soft top but a good set of curtains. I love the bikini and surprisingly the bikini and curtain combo is pretty dry.Not completely though Smile

I do have a hard top but man is it loud with it on. Thought of that sound proofing stuff for the back end maybe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busdriver79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Safe to drive with Side Curtains in and no top? Reply with quote

Why would you want to do that? What's the point?
sjhotz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Safe to drive with Side Curtains in and no top? Reply with quote

Was rebuilding my soft top and it was off for an extended time as I used my Thing as a daily driver.

Driving on the freeway was a bit of a challenge, not an issue now as top is complete!

74 Thing
72 Bay Window Westy TinTop
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: