Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

36hp Factory Rebuilt Case
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: 36hp Factory Rebuilt Case Reply with quote

I was at the Shoreline WA meet today and I saw this motor for sale. It has some nice VW Factory Rebuilt stamps on it and I thought there would be some people interested in seeing them.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 36hp Factory Rebuilt Case Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that - those are some nice stamps and they are well lit in your photo. Applause
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 36hp Factory Rebuilt Case Reply with quote

Dang! Missed the Shoreline VW meet AGAIN!!! How can a guy get a reminder for that event next year?

But someone was channeling me because this VERY morning I found this in the bushes about 50 feet from my garage. Looks like my house has "VW history".

I find it humorous that Its possible to diagnose this motors demise from just 2 pistons and a case half. Anybody know the year?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: 36hp Factory Rebuilt Case Reply with quote

It looks mid-1955 or later but if you can't read the serial number, you can try to read the engine date production date stamps, if they are in better condition:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380362

I'm guessing the serial number area may be a better place, even if it you have to clean it up a bit.
A lot of times you can take photos from different angles and lighting and see things in a photo better than in real life.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: