Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

B case?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: B case? Reply with quote

What is this block? I don't know what a B case is. Good candidate for a single port stroker?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The Nova Scotian Barndoor (YouTube)
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (CAD drawings)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: B case? Reply with quote

I dont know about a single port striker, but it also looks like that number has been changed from the orignal one, probably a ae case. witch can be made into a stroker with either 2 intake ports or 4 intake ports. I like the 4 port .
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: B case? Reply with quote

So a rebuilt or remanufactured maybe? Or possibly a aftermarket?

It is part of a horde of parts I have an opportunity to purchase and I was hoping this block would be good start for a single port stroker for my 64 bus. Single port for original look.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: B case? Reply with quote

if it's good I say gofer it!!! I have some old cases that are like new Shocked single relief&duel/single relief that I may stick my extra stroker cranks in that are gathering dust like the cases are.
no it's not after market....unless you consider a car that has left the market place.. after market Wink as some do.
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: B case? Reply with quote

Not sure IIRC,
But as I recall,
A B case was like B5 or H case.

Not made of good material for a high performance build, unfortunately..

Old VW mechanic adage:
"B stands for bad"

Use another for a stroker build if you can.

What’s That Noise?!?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: B case? Reply with quote

There was such a thing as an AB case in the non-U.S. market that had the rear Bus mount. Which ever it is, AB, or simply B, if its dual relief, I would use it for your project. I know of a B cased 2276 that made at least 100 sub 13 second track passes, and the short block from it is still running around in a hot street car. Even if its single relief, you still could use it, but the dual relief would be more desire able. The only thing I would do is get head stud inserts installed for whichever size stud you decide to use.
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: B case? Reply with quote

I can see now where a grinder was used to remove the old number. Hadn't noticed before... And looks like the bottom of an A may be there.

It is dual relief with 8mm studs. The block doesn't look like it was used after rebuilding.

I am planning just a mild stroker to give the bus a little extra on the hills. If I end up with it I will do some more research and inspect it well before deciding.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: