Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 266, 267, 268 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
pmelliott39
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

[quote="txmxer"]Somebody buy this van haha:
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/6140505810.html

This is exactly what I am looking for... Anyone else have an opinion on it? Anyone know approx the cost to make it legal for smog in CA?
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

[quote="pmelliott39"]
txmxer wrote:
Somebody buy this van haha:
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/6140505810.html

This is exactly what I am looking for... Anyone else have an opinion on it? Anyone know approx the cost to make it legal for smog in CA?

The ad says that Kennedy Engineering (in CA) did the conversion recently. I'd contact Kennedy about getting it CA legal. Should be easy for them to do.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

This popped up in the Seattle Craigslist, a red club joker 1987. It is being sold on Ebay, I post it here for folks to be able to see the selling price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanago...mp;vxp=mtr

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6195853795.html

Out of Eugene Oregon.
txmxer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

From the research I did (I'm in california too), kennedy engineering did the leg work to get a smog legal cat approved by the state. As long as you get that (not too expensive) and have the subaru O2 sensor then you can get it carb approved, with the carb sticker you can get it smoked easily. I was going to try to get it approved here (I personally don't mind running around with the dmv, worth trying) and if not was going to register it out of state, good luck!
pmelliott39
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

going to look at this one today. any thoughts / things to look out for?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2069844

thanks!
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

1987 Syncro tin top- $9000.00
Ad:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/6198619733.html
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

oh I am probably going to make people mad with this... but

2004 MB sprinter (converted)
$27k

Says, "sale pending".... but man...looks decent/good for under $30k

Listing: https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/6168508210.html
ad specifics:
2004 2500 Sprinter Van, 158" WB
Averages about 21 mpg city/highway

I'm the second owner of this van. I purchased it from an older gentleman who bought it new off the lot, years ago. He had it professionally spray foam insulated and built it into a bare bones campervan with steel welded furniture and cargo shelving. Last July I bought it from him and completely redesigned and built my own little home inside. My point is, this van has been babied it's entire life. It was always meant to be lived in whether it be part time or full time. It was never a work van that got daily abuse.

I am moving abroad at the end of July so I've got to part ways with this silver beauty. There's a ton to say about the van, more than I can type in an ad. Feel free to contact me (call, email, text) with any questions. Please leave a voicemail. I get a lot of spam calls and won't call back unless you leave a voicemail. Serious buyers only please.

I have maintenance records of work that has been done at the shop and a spreadsheet of ALL of the work that has been done (by the shop and by myself) and at what specific mileage.
Original turbo has been replaced, glow plugs recently replaced, all brakes and rotors replaced, fuel filter and oil and oil filter were changed very recently.

Features:
3w LED dimmable lights throughout. Lights are on 3 separate circuits- 4 lights above the bed, 2 lights under the kitchen cabinets and 6 lights in the main living space can all be adjusted separately as you please.
Built in Himalayan salt lamp
Butcher Block countertop
Electric water pump and Filtrete Maximum filtration system that filters out 99% lead, 99% microbial cysts, 97% chlorine taste and odor, 0.5 microns of sand, sediment, rust and soil.
Portable, on demand, propane water heater (hot showers INSIDE or outside of the van! )
5 Gallon fresh water tank
5 Gallon grey water tank
Fully sealed indoor shower (shower water currently drains out the bottom of the van. It has a pipe in place to connect a water tank underneath the van, I just haven't felt a need to go that far yet.)
Compost toilet
Professionally installed spray foam insulation
Fantastic Fan with 3 settings, temperature control, and the ability to blow air in or suck air out.
Aftermarket Motion Window, professionally installed with removable screen. (kitchen window- great for air circulation while cooking)
200 Watts of Solar power
2 x 100 amp hour batteries
750 watt power inverter (to run 120v appliances)
Ability to hook up to shore power to run rear window airconditioner.
55QT AC/DC ARB fridge/freezer with insulated cover and fridge monitor
Custom shoe rack behind driver's seat to store/organize your shoes
2 aftermarket in-dash speakers
Pioneer bluetooth cd/mp3 player with remote
2 additional speakers installed in headliner
3 layers of sound deadening in headliner to drown out the sound of the wind/road noise
6 in memory foam mattress sleeps 1 comfortably or can be converted to a bed that sleeps 2.

Includes:
5 Spare tires with rims
Removable hitch rack that can be slid to either side to open up the back doors while still attached.
Trailer brakes/lights hook up.
Thule Cargo rack on roof- great for storing out of season gear/clothes.
Custom sun reflector window coverings for windshield, driver and passenger windows, sliding door window and rear window.
Extra rear window incase you choose to remove the window AC unit that's currently installed.
Screen door for sliding door entry.
Mini dehumidifier
Magnetic spice rack with spices
Mini rice cooker and a few other kitchen utensils and cookware if you wish.

These vans can go well over 400k miles as long as you maintain them. If you've done your research you'll know that the pre- 2007 sprinters are the million mile vans with less problems and less expensive problems.
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

That's quite a package at that price.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

looks like a nice deal on fiberglass bumpers in Colorado

https://denver.craigslist.org/pts/6198586953.html

Quote:
Front and rear bumper 89 Vanagon - $100 (LITTLETON)
Used fiberglass front and rear bumper off my 1989 VW Vanagon Syncro
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://images.craigslist.org/00L0L_2KNPjEWuiyu_600x450.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UngaWunga
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I also have a 91 Syncro rear fiberglass bumper for sale. Would rather not ship.
PM me if interested. Make an offer.

RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Not sure if I could call this a "good deal", but the way Syncros are getting more pricey these days, this van might be interesting enough to the right buyer. Since I own a feuerwehr Syncro, this one is right up my alley. Here is a 1992 Syncro 16 van from a fire department that is located on an island in the North Sea. One ad says its a double locker, but I only see one knob in the picture. Only 28,000 miles and little to no rust. Looks like it needs door panels. Price $34k

http://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-Bus-Bulli-T3-16Zoll-Sync...SwjRpZWkH6

dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

1991 Westy (Canadian?) automatic - $14000 (canadian? if so, $10800 US)
Chilliwack BC

ad: https://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/rvs/6199157494.html

description:
1991 westy vanagon gl.sad to sell needs a gd home. has newer tires on it.when I purchased it had a rebuilt motor.automatic.tan goldish colour.fridge pop up top bed and main level seat folds to become a bed. has all curtains and screen for back door.blue and grey interior.automatic transmission.ive not had problems with it.it has always run great.just don't seem to use anymore. as far as I know not alot of rust . many have come Ted to me on that part.fun to drive.
Alaskaberrys Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Might be a stretch for this thread, but I was crusing the Norwegian website Finn.no and saw this fun project.

https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=98943669&ref=conversation&fks=98943669

1989 Club Joker for 49,900 kr (~$6000)

Best part - sold as a DIY kit. It's completely disassembled!

Comes with $1700 worth of paint

Messaged the owner, very nice guy. Welcomed me to come take a look Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

A double locker van in Germany for under $6k. About 200k miles. Body looks pretty decent for the mileage. Might cost another $5k to get it picked up (Busman) and shipped to the states.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id...;scopeId=C

Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:
A double locker van in Germany for under $6k. About 200k miles. Body looks pretty decent for the mileage. Might cost another $5k to get it picked up (Busman) and shipped to the states.

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id...;scopeId=C

Shipping quote Busman put together for me last month was about $2k Belgium to Tacoma. His fee is $500 per working day with a mileage factor. I think Germany might come in under the $2k mark. Easily put it on par with a stateside double locker price wise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Grey Vanagon Grey Vanagon Grey Vanagon Grey Vanagon

Last edited by BavarianWrench on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reverend
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Alaskaberrys wrote:
Might be a stretch for this thread, but I was crusing the Norwegian website Finn.no and saw this fun project.

https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=98943669&ref=conversation&fks=98943669

Best part - sold as a DIY kit. It's completely disassembled!

Comes with $1700 worth of paint

Messaged the owner, very nice guy. Welcomed me to come take a look Very Happy

I sent him email but no reply.
michaelbteam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

On KSL classifieds in Salt Lake City: a decent looking 87 Syncro Westy with 6 cylinder Subie for $29,800, 245K miles.
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

$23k, 1985 2WD Vanagon (unsure if poptop or not) has Westy Interior
TDI engine conversion, Westy interior, rancho transmission w/ LSD

So yeah, no pictures so I dont know what it looks like, but all of the work/upgrades on this van make this a potential great buy (depending on westy pop top (IMO).

link: https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/rvs/d/alh-tdi-vanagon-wd-lsd/6223399686.html
ad:
160k miles on body, Professionally installed 1.9 ALH TDI by North Westy from 2000 Jetta, my personal vehicle with full overhaul prior to conversion in 2016. ERG delete without additional tuning or additional power gains from original ALH performance. Vehicle is intended for longevity and respectable mpg and speeds. EGR delete still passes smog tests. Buyers will need to know their local registration laws as vehicle was originally gasoline powered.
Rebuilt and Re-geared transaxle by Rancho Performance with taller 3rd and 4th gear. Never has to downshift driving to Squaw.
Custom gauges with warning lights and GPS speedo. Speed will be accurate no matter the tire/wheel combo. Check dash pictures for vehicle performance at speed.
*****HIDDEN KILL SWITCH******
ENGINE FITS WITHOUT DECK LID MODIFICATION.
Over 11 inches of ground clearance.
Resealed tank and filler neck.
Auxiliary battery with inverter.
New Bilstein shocks with Stock Syncro springs in rear, Moog springs in front. Van will not experience sagging in years to come.
15 inch wheels with BFG tires.
Full T3 front end refurbishment including sway bar.
Manuel transmission with Big shot shifter.
Peloquin Limited Slip Differential.
New heater core. Awning.
CV joints are good, with spare boots and T3 axle shafts.
Spare spindles for future big break upgrade.
Serious buyers get full details.

Van is sound mechanically, every option was done in order to ensure longevity. Like all projects, there are more things to do. Exterior has minor blemishes, paint fade and a small dent to left rear quarter panel. Colorado and Nevada most of its life, Garage kept until roof rack made it too tall, (2014). Interior is stock westy with fridge deleted. Choosing to sell now prior to Paint and interior changes. Buy now and travel as is. Or, finish the project and have a personalized and amazing vehicle. Van and Jetta were in my family for a long time (since '88 for the van, since '08 for the Jetta) and have been well maintained.
Van has 6,000 miles since conversion.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Reverend wrote:
Alaskaberrys wrote:

I sent him email but no reply.

I had to join Finn.no to get his number after the same experience.

PM sent
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 266, 267, 268 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Page 267 of 327

Jump to: