Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

justin dennis - [email protected] - Justin Dennis
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: justin dennis
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 23, 2024
FleetStreetDubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: justin dennis - [email protected] - Justin Dennis Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 1962 Single Cab from Justin Dennis out of Winchester, VA. A portion of his ad read:

"Original paint everything works as it should."

"1600 dual port motor runs like a top"

Justin told me in one of our many phone calls that I could hop in this bus and drive it anywhere.

His ad also had a picture of the bed with wood slats in it.

On a Friday evening, Justin stripped a rear drum and I agreed that it wasn't a deal breaker as I would get a rear disc brake conversion kit for it. So, the deal was still on and I had the bus picked up about 10 days later and transported to Valley Autowerks in Gate City, VA for some mods/upgrades.

Upon arrival at Valley Autowerks Sam Manis contacted me and asked what was up with this bus. He said it barely runs, doesn't shift at all, the brake pedal almost goes to the floor and it hardly has a clutch. Then he asked about the wood slats that were pictured in the ad. He said it looked like they had recently been removed.

So, after putting a Beetle rear drum and wheel on it and replacing a shift coupler that Justin broke when he stripped the drum, Sam was able to get the bus to move around on its own power. The issues with the brakes and clutch will be resolved next week at my expense.

So, after learning all of this about my recently acquired bus, I asked Justin for a partial refund of $750. To me, that was more than a fair request for:

1. A stripped drum
2. A broken shift coupler
3. Shop time/labor
4. Missing wood slats

To date, I have yet to receive the $750.

After going through this mess with Justin Dennis, I will never ever buy anything from him nor sell anything to him. I would also recommend that you either avoid conducting any business with him or be extremely careful.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: