Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Glass Assistance
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeeferMadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Glass Assistance Reply with quote

Does anyone know of who or where I can find some help with installing the front windshield and the rear glass in my 59 bug in the Eugene OR area?
Thanks
Bruce
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
meranda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Glass Assistance Reply with quote

I am Australia but any windscreen installer over 40 years of age " when they started gluing them in"would be able to put them in .Or you can do it yourself,I am sure there is a Samba post for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Glass Assistance Reply with quote

If you don't want to pay for a glass installer or body shop or top shop to do this, contact a local Oregon VW club, bet someone there can help.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
smokey503
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Glass Assistance Reply with quote

I would install them for free if you were closer to me.
I'm up just past Vancouver WA.
They are pretty easy to install. I installed mine with glass suction cups with handles sold at harbor freight.
I wrapped enough cord to go around in the window channel.
Used lots of dish soap to lube the window rubbers.
Put the suction cups on the inside of the windshield. One on the right and left side.
Pull on the suction cup so it's tight against the frame and start pulling the rope so the rubber starts to sit where it needs to.
Oilspot11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Glass Assistance Reply with quote

There are a slew of glass install videos on YouTube.

Very easy task.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: