Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TheSamba on a iPhone
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
except saving pics to the gallery. that part doesnt work...

Do you mean uploading pics from your iPhone to the Gallery?
What doesn't work?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
draginwagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Erik G wrote:
except saving pics to the gallery. that part doesnt work...

Do you mean uploading pics from your iPhone to the Gallery?
What doesn't work?

I just uploaded for the first time from my iPhone and it worked just fine.

Yellowbeard wrote:
I hate people who quote other people...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

It used to not allow the format. I will try again later
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
It used to not allow the format. I will try again later

I remember now - The Gallery doesn't allow PNG format images, which the iPhone uses to store screen captures.
It allows normal photos, which should be the standard JPG format.

Update:
I modified the Gallery to allow PNG format images, let me know if there are any issues.
It's possible that a large PNG image may exceed the maximum size allowed in the Gallery, if it's detailed and large enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

I remember now too - guy was looking for a notch sunroof and a FB group had a notch for sale with an extra roof...

just tried uploading. Didn't work. Said it was successful but...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

and

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

Weird, I looked at the image you uploaded and it's named .PNG but it's JPG format.
This is the issue, it's not a valid PNG image

The other 2 images you uploaded above are PNG and actual PNG images so they worked.

I noticed people uploaded 5-6 other PNG images today into the Gallery - they all worked.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

Hmmmmm. I will try again tomorrow.

Yes the 2nd two were from a PC

Ok I re-read what you said. The first was an upload from my phone. It was an iPhone screen shot.

2nd two were unrelated. They were screen grabs on my PC using "snag-it" which also saves to png...

Weird
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

I made another change so it should work now, even if it's named wrong.
I tested your image and it upload fine and identified it as JPG even though it was named with .PNG

Please try it too since I do not have an iPhone.

Thanks for the help.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

No problem - always happy to help

still has a problem, says invalid type. I'll send the screen shots to my computer and upload from there - as well as email the pic I was attempting to post
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

It looked like it was going to work. I'll email you the originals - that may help

(these are now JPG uploaded from a PC)

Not allowed

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

Thanks for sending me the images - This is fixed now.

Feel free to try again.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

Is anyone else having issues not being able to select items from the drop down menu when you’re on your iPhone? For instance, if I tap on gallery, the drop down menu opens up, but it immediately directs me to the main gallery page. The drop down menu used to stay open like it would from a laptop, but now it won’t let me select anything from the drop down menu.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

I don't have an iPhone but on my Android I have to sort of drag away from the menu a little so it "sticks" in place first, then I can select something from the drop-down menus.

This is how it works on a desktop too - If you click on the top menu items like "Classifieds" it goes to the main Classifieds page.

Usually I'm lazy and I simply let it go into the classifieds section first, then click Search or whatever there from the top of that section (no drop down menu usage)
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I don't have an iPhone but on my Android I have to sort of drag away from the menu a little so it "sticks" in place first, then I can select something from the drop-down menus.

This is how it works on a desktop too - If you click on the top menu items like "Classifieds" it goes to the main Classifieds page.

Usually I'm lazy and I simply let it go into the classifieds section first, then click Search or whatever there from the top of that section (no drop down menu usage)

I’m not sure why it just started doing it, unless it has to do with the latest update on my phone.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

I’ve tried everything and I can’t select from the drop down menu. I don’t know if it has to do with the latest update or not, but it sucks. I’ve cleared all of my search history and everything.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
I’ve tried everything and I can’t select from the drop down menu. I don’t know if it has to do with the latest update or not, but it sucks. I’ve cleared all of my search history and everything.

Using my iPhone 6s there isn't any problem with the drop downs. I just tap one and it comes down and I pick what I want. I haven't updated since like ios 10 though. Are you using safari or something else?
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Bock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:

Same issue here. iPhone just updated. Thought it was just me.. I’m going to try a browser app other than safari.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

Bock wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Same issue here. iPhone just updated. Thought it was just me.. I’m going to try a browser app other than safari.

At least I now know it isn’t just me lol.
Bock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

I tried the firefox app with no better result. It's doing the same thing when auto-filling my saved password/login. It won't let me check the box to stay signed in, just zooms right past it. Weird.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: TheSamba on a iPhone Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Using my iPhone 6s there isn't any problem with the drop downs. I just tap one and it comes down and I pick what I want. I haven't updated since like ios 10 though. Are you using safari or something else?

It must have to do with the latest update. I have an iPhone 8, and it didn’t start doing it until I did the latest update.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: