Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2291, 2292, 2293 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
60freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2076662

Shocked
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

"a good father and son project" if dad wants to be sure son never drives...LOL
IG:j.stenner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

60freak wrote:

a good father and son project

Time to put CPS on speed-dial
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

60freak wrote:

Shocked

No vin tags, Palmdale? lol, you know that bus gave a new identity to a G ride in the 90's. Laughing
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
60freak wrote:

Shocked

No vin tags, Palmdale? lol, you know that bus gave a new identity to a G ride in the 90's. Laughing

Rear clip in bus not included ??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
60freak wrote:

Shocked

Front half is very clean ???? except where the roof is pushed back 6 inches. dude needs his eyes examined.. i know the meth epidemic is bad in the desert but this ad takes the cake. 500 dollars worth of parts at best
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

That's for sure the worst offender in a while
60freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
That's for sure the worst offender in a while

Totally agree! If that "piece of a bus" sells anywhere near his asking price I'm selling one I have that was rolled on it's side for $20k and has nowhere near the amount of body damage that one has.......unreal.
EeVeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2035382

Shocked
xcoldgrimjimx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ok, sit down first before looking please............ ready?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yeah, that part is top shelf and top dollar for sure. Im not super concerned if it stays or goes.....but at that price I wouldn't have reservations about selling it. I haven't seen another original one of those for sale in ten years, and the one I saw then was cracked. It was expensive too. $2500? I forget. How many swap meets do you want to hit hoping to find a cheaper one? 20 years worth? 50? To some that price is six months of their salary, to others a mortgage payment - to others a car payment.

Or maybe you rather go without? Or spend $1500 on a knock off that is only half way there?

If someone out there wants to sell one cheaper go ahead and list it. It will sell right away.

I may still have that five years from now, and it will not hurt my feelings. I enjoy looking at it. It's the most eye catching part of an So-23 in my opinion, and they are often missing or broken.
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I was driving around in the mountains about a year ago and saw some split buses parked in a field so i stopped to talk to the owner. one of them was a 60 so23 in dove blue. the owner didnt want to part with them but when I told him that I had a 61 so23 he took me to his garage and gave me a complete set of OG shot glasses . said he had extras.. I was pretty stoked that day
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
I was driving around in the mountains about a year ago and saw some split buses parked in a field so i stopped to talk to the owner. one of them was a 60 so23 in dove blue. the owner didnt want to part with them but when I told him that I had a 61 so23 he took me to his garage and gave me a complete set of OG shot glasses . said he had extras.. I was pretty stoked that day

Sweet!

I had a guy show up one day and give me a nice SO-42 roof rack that his Dad left in the garage years before when the Dad drove the bus to Alaska. The roof rack was in his way and he thought I'd want it as I had an old VW bus.
That was an odd fluke, really awesome, and did not reflect market value.

There are three SO-23s for sale currently on this site; none show a complete nice set.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...ton=Search

If you look at westy campers, often there are bits missing, such as tent, rack, plastic Mauser bowl, folding chair, chandelier, shot glass set. Etc. These things were rare and expensive in the 90s, and have gone up in value since then.
In the nineties, a non running project bus was worth $200. Those days are over.
A tent was more than that, a nice complete bread box set was more than that, a chandelier was more than that. Toilet. etc. Just part of completing an early westy is finding the pieces.
Now a non running project bus doesn't hit the whines for $5000.

$5000 does seem to be on the high side since the bread box set has not sold already, but it is a desirable rare set in nice condition.
Thanks for the shout-out!
westcoastbullies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

thesamba should require the word CLONE to be included in title when selling a home-made model.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2044238

one small sentence in fineprint..."This is a 1960 Kombi that we made into a 23 window you can't even tell"

TEAM AUOK 1984 SKATEBOARD CO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

westcoastbullies wrote:
thesamba should require the word CLONE to be included in title when selling a home-made model.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2044238

one small sentence in fineprint..."This is a 1960 Kombi that we made into a 23 window you can't even tell"

True, but at least he did disclose it and not hide it entirely. I gotta admit, it looks pretty damn good though, not so sure about price, but the bus looks right.
Cuņado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2077450

ok go. Laughing

Looking for front kick panels for late 63' Deluxe Basalt Gray
60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Cuņado Wear wrote:

ok go. Laughing
gotta love that half the picture doesnt show anything of the bus....
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Cuņado Wear wrote:

ok go. Laughing

He's the bus speed freak on here. Not sure that lightweight shell is all that stable at high speed, but it seems like a good base for a solid driver, once it's weighed down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I like the convenient 6" thermometer on the dash- looks like it's 80-100 degrees Celsius in that rolling greenhouse!

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Ran When Parked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I believe you when you say it won't hurt your feelings. Do you still have that boat that sits on top of a bus that you picked up roughly 10 years back? That is a cool item for sure.

Thanks for all the great parts you sell.

campingbox wrote:
Yeah, that part is top shelf and top dollar for sure. Im not super concerned if it stays or goes.....but at that price I wouldn't have reservations about selling it. I haven't seen another original one of those for sale in ten years, and the one I saw then was cracked. It was expensive too. $2500? I forget. How many swap meets do you want to hit hoping to find a cheaper one? 20 years worth? 50? To some that price is six months of their salary, to others a mortgage payment - to others a car payment.

Or maybe you rather go without? Or spend $1500 on a knock off that is only half way there?

If someone out there wants to sell one cheaper go ahead and list it. It will sell right away.

I may still have that five years from now, and it will not hurt my feelings. I enjoy looking at it. It's the most eye catching part of an So-23 in my opinion, and they are often missing or broken.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2291, 2292, 2293 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2292 of 2710

Jump to: