Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Show me your USB chargers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Show me your USB chargers Reply with quote

The plate I made for mine (in the classifieds) is 5.125 x 6.625.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eeebee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Show me your USB chargers Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Latest project. The cover playes are still available new so i hacked it up.

1987 Vanagon Wolfsburg Special Edition
GoWesty 2.3

Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time.
Multiman mv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Show me your USB chargers Reply with quote

ThankYouJerry wrote:
Here's an older very similar thread with lots of creative ideas:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3...p;start=20

I really like McVanagon's USB installation from that thread:

Brilliant. Great idea.
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Show me your USB chargers Reply with quote

Though I had already gotten one from Campin Culture, when I saw this one that Italjohn of Norway made.......I had to knock on his door and luckily he had an extra prototype sitting around, looking lonely, looking for a permanent home.

Craig
zippledippledoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Show me your USB chargers Reply with quote

That is seriously cool.
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Show me your USB chargers Reply with quote

Who has USB-c chargers? Has anyone located an "insert" type so I replace my old USB inserts with the USB-c?

I would like to charge my laptop.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Show me your USB chargers Reply with quote

usb to usb-c cable?

I've charged my macbook pro with a small inverter (plugs into cig. socket) using the apple power supply and it worked just fine.

I have blue sea systems 5A USB outlets now ( https://www.bluesea.com/products/1045/Fast_Charge_-_Dual_USB_Charger_Socket_Mount ), but haven't needed to charge the laptop. From what I've read it'll only charge while it's turned off. With the laptop turned on it might just maintain the same battery %.
Nuthin2It Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Show me your USB chargers Reply with quote

For those that have mounted a USB charger and switch on the refrigerator vent plate: If you are still using the original refrigerator is there a problem with heat when in LP mode? I don't think it really gets that hot but it's probably not good for the electronics, especially with the exhaust duct right next to it.
Red Ryder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Show me your USB chargers Reply with quote

Blue Sea Systems double USB charging ports plus 12v port (cleverly disguised as missile launch button) — controlled with off-on toggle switch to prevent parasitic draw..

“Scarlett” — 1990 Vanagon Carat Wolfsburg Edition
Tornado Red
R0ckyMtnCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Show me your USB chargers Reply with quote

Nuthin2It wrote:
For those that have mounted a USB charger and switch on the refrigerator vent plate: If you are still using the original refrigerator is there a problem with heat when in LP mode? I don't think it really gets that hot but it's probably not good for the electronics, especially with the exhaust duct right next to it.

I mounted a small 2-port buck converter behind the original vent. USB-A plugs just fit between the spaces in the grill. I also have an 80mm PWM fan hooked up to a PWM speed controller. The dial also controls a small 10mm fan inside the fridge and a larger 120mm fan near the condenser coils on the rear of the fridge. The fans help evacuate heat from the rear of the fridge and everything runs much more efficiently. No problems with the USB.

Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Show me your USB chargers Reply with quote

Nuthin2It wrote:

No problems at all.

'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: