Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Shocked Hey wat is up with cars that claim they ave EMPI parts? Are teses parts all made in China now? I have seen a full engine rebuilt with china parts.ow long do you think it will last ? I flipped tru a Hot Rod mag.And some of their ad's will say made in china.Wy is this not a common practice? I would be pretty up set if I bought a engine wit all china junk.And guess what ,many enginge builders for toyotas,nissans,etc are also using china parts to max up their profit.This is wrong on many levels. Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
smokey503
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/d/custom-vw-bug-local-window/6232722511.html

1957 Custom VW Bug Ragtop $28,500
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

That looks like a nice car. Not exactly my style, but nice.
smokey503
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:

Looks nice but way way way overpriced.
Anything "custom" starting with a 2 in the price needs to keep the extra number off the end.
kinkerstinker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

smokey503 wrote:
https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/d/custom-vw-bug-local-window/6232722511.html

Love the "etc etc etc" in the description. lol Rolling Eyes
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

smokey503 wrote:
Bryan67 wrote:

Anything "custom" starting with a 2 in the price needs to keep the extra number off the end.

So you think $2850 is a fair price? While it's over priced, I would say that's a bit low even for a whine. Lol.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

smokey503 wrote:
Bryan67 wrote:

So what do you think its worth?
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Faketina doesn`t come cheap...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2071406
MANNAXMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:
Faketina doesn`t come cheap...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2071406

From the ad - "APPROX 10,000 MILES ON ALL NEW PARTS"

I don't know about anyone else, but 10,000 miles does not fit my definition of new.
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Does it come with all the junk on the roof rack?
Ya ain't got shit if you ain't got a pile of crap on the roof...
This new fad of get it the lowest, or run it with the worst looks, (patina) isn't cool, it's for the hey everyone look at me crowd, i'm driving a beat down ratty, unsafe, VW, how cool am I ???...your not....

Pissing off the purists since 1997

Wanted: Boyd Motors plate frame

57 Turbo Oval Sliding rag
67 13 window delux walk-thru- now 21
64 all original for the misses
83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

What's patena? Laughing Shocked

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2078820
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

kinkerstinker wrote:
smokey503 wrote:

Love the "etc etc etc" in the description. lol Rolling Eyes

Yeah, that's what I wanna see when I want details about a car I may buy - 'etc etc etc.' hahahaha Rolling Eyes

And it doesn't even fit into this category.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

turbotype1 wrote:
Does it come with all the junk on the roof rack?
Ya ain't got shit if you ain't got a pile of crap on the roof...

Yeah the cattle skull may rank as the dumbest thing I've seen on one to date. "Hey Honey, don't forget to pack the bull skull!"
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/6230813433.html
smokey503
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
What's pate๑a? Laughing

Fixed it. Lol
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
Rolling Eyes

This posting has been deleted by its author. Think

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
jays58s wrote:
Rolling Eyes

This posting has been deleted by its author. Think

I think he got upset and deleted it because I called him out on it on Facebook. It was a "concourse restored" 1958 euro hardtop with the wrong rear apron, and some other things that looked out of place. He was asking $35,000.
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2067126

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Fully restored"... Rolling Eyes

Besides everything else wrong with the "restoration", that has got to be THE ugliest interior I have ever seen.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind

Last edited by Keith on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Keith wrote:

"...old speed 4" narrowed beam, 4 wheel wilwood disk brakes, powder coated pan, pro street freeway flyer transmission, 1914cc engine with dual 44 carbs, 15" fuchs, all new interior... ...full stereo system with I pod hook up...."

Restored??? Think That's a lot of stuff I don't remember the factory ever doing..... Eh?

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
Keith wrote:

"...old speed 4" narrowed beam, 4 wheel wilwood disk brakes, powder coated pan, pro street freeway flyer transmission, 1914cc engine with dual 44 carbs, 15" fuchs, all new interior... ...full stereo system with I pod hook up...."

Restored??? Think That's a lot of stuff I don't remember the factory ever doing..... Eh?

It must have been made in the Skunkwerks factory.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 291 of 422

Jump to: