Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Smitty's smoothies custom wheels - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: jimpoydock
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 06, 2019
Jay-Rod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

He will custom make each set by offset, height and width based on what you need, so yeah its really cool that he asks you about your car's suspension setup before you buy. He is more concerned that you get the correct size the first time, than most places that just want to move units.
stallion777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh60/stallion777/DSC06251_zpsypaxkev6.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh60/stallion777/DSC06253_zps2hbjk6at.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh60/stallion777/DSC06268_zpsqlvt9igs.jpg
evillrdnikon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

stallion777 wrote:
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh60/stallion777/DSC06251_zpsypaxkev6.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh60/stallion777/DSC06253_zps2hbjk6at.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh60/stallion777/DSC06268_zpsqlvt9igs.jpg

Stallion777 those look GREAT! Any rubbing? Your bug doesn't look lowered at all?

I might have to snag those! looking at the same tire sizes you have on. Does anything hit/rub in the front or rear?
evillrdnikon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

Jay-Rod wrote:
He will custom make each set by offset, height and width based on what you need, so yeah its really cool that he asks you about your car's suspension setup before you buy. He is more concerned that you get the correct size the first time, than most places that just want to move units.

This is good to know! I need to hit him up! =D
stallion777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

No rubbing at all. I am very happy with the wheels. My car is lowered a little. I have a adjustable beam. I lowered it before I put the wheels on. Gonna lower it some more. Only little issue I have is my beetle has long axles. I did not know this and my wheels stick out in the rear. So its either I take the car apart to install short pre 67 axles or go with wider fenders.
evillrdnikon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

You should see if Smitty's can change your offset on your rear wheels to pull your tires in some. That's what I have to do
abircham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

Be Cautious
The guy has become unreachable.
Hard to get in touch with.
His website went down
Number doesn't work
He owes me $150
I can even show you the text where I've been trying to get the wheel for months. I would suggest going somewhere else. He used to be great. Not anymore!
His work was great though. Excuses after Excuses when you can actually get him to reply.
rustology-garage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

ATTENTION!!!! Both Smitty's Smoothies rear wheels on my 66 21 window bus have METAL FRACTURES!! I have contacted the company many times...Started in Sept......No luck!!
abircham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

I finally got the money I was owed. However it took me leaving many messages and leaving negative feedback on his Facebook! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! At one time the rims were amazing but it’s not worth it anymore!!!
j0ker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: thank you for the updates on this guy Reply with quote

I had spoke to this company in the spring and was about to order
appreciate all of you people that take the time to post
oxsign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

WOW, this sux. I just found his FB yesterday and was interested...... Hopefully things change for him and he gets back to what he was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
seethesvt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

He's a crook. When you inquire about buying wheels, he's all about responding to your emails... Then when you pay him, that's it. You might get one message from him outta every 20 attempts. He has no intentions of getting you your wheels. When you want a refund, he refused and says to take it up with your bank... So, the banks left paying me back? While his crooked ass gets away with my money? I've been chatting with a handful.of people in the same situation.

AVOID THIS CON ARTIST AT ALL COSTS.

JIM POYDOCK [email protected] IS A CRIMINAL.

it wasn't originally his company. Went to shit when he bought it doubt he's ever made a single wheel.
vwchad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

I ordered wheels from him about 2 years ago. I ended up returning them. The quality was not even close to what I would have expected for the money I paid. Ultimately he did take them back and refund my money though.
Beetlechic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

BE AWARE - DON'T order wheels from Smitty's Smooties, Jim Poydock is changing his phone numbers, took down FB reviews and his own statement about why he isn't mailing wheels already paid in full!!!

He says he has a Christian business yet he is laying to people and keeping the money. He refuses to give a refund, wants people to dispute the issue so you can get a refund by the credit card company if you are lucky and he keeps your money!

He is traveling to different events in different states to get orders and keep your money! He has a former car seller and knows how to persuade a sell!!!

Keep your money and don't buy from him. He is dishonest. We all work hard to buy our things and he works hard to keep your money.

BE AWARE!!!
AnneVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels - [email protected] Reply with quote

Do NOT order from Smitty's Smoothies. He took my money on November 10, 2019 for a set of 17" wheels for my 2008 beetle. He STILL has not shipped them. He also has not answered my calls or emails and has actually blocked my phone number. He has been deleting my posts from his Facebook and is a straight up theif. Save yourself money and the hassle and purchase your wheels from ANYONE else.
Beetlechic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels Reply with quote

abircham wrote:
I finally got the money I was owed. However it took me leaving many messages and leaving negative feedback on his Facebook! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! At one time the rims were amazing but it’s not worth it anymore!!!

How long it took you to get a refund? Did he mailed you a check or did he refunded you using the same credit card?
Smittys Smoothies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels - [email protected] Reply with quote

My name is Smitty. I now own Smitty’s Smoothies. Jim Poydock no longer has anything to do with us. I am so sorry for any wrong doings or lack of communication. I promise you that now that I own it there will be no problems. Please give us a chance to get my name back in good standings with everyone.

Thanks again,
Smitty Smith
Owner/Operator: Smitty’s Smoothies and Smitty’s Kustomz
1957 Bug Vert
1958 Ragtop Bug
1967 21 Window Bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Huskerbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Smitty's smoothies custom wheels - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've had several conversations with the new owner Tim Smith, who actually goes by Smitty, and he seems to be an honest hard working guy trying to do the right thing and restore their reputation. After hearing the history of what happend and researching him a bit I felt good about Tim and the company. In fact, I ordered a set of rims from him yesterday and I expect they will be exactly what I ordered and in the time frame he promised. Give him a call, I think you'll enjoy dealing with him. Smitty also owns Smitty's Kustomz in East TN and appears to have put out some good work over the years.

I'll post another update after I get my wheels.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: