Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Main Bearing Oil Grooves
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Main Bearing Oil Grooves Reply with quote

I've notice that some main bearings have oil grooves, typically on the outside of the bearing, and some don't.

Do
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Don't
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1# always seems to have one, but the others aren't as consistent. Is one style better than the other?

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman
sgmalt46
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Main Bearing Oil Grooves Reply with quote

well the ones on the top the metal leve's they are 1600 bearings. they always have the groove. sometimes its on the inside. the glycos on the bottom are 25-36 . they never had the groove. only on #1. none that i have anyways. and i have most brands . Wink
66 beetle
71 square back (sold) ! good luck with it Henry!
46 beetle 552nd royal army service corps CCG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: