Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empi Sportster Carb Solex 30/31
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Empi Sportster Carb Solex 30/31 Reply with quote

Hello All,

Summer is still here and I have been working on the Empi Sportsters carb.
I have a Solex 30/31 and recently found it leaking fuel.
Simple right?!
Get a rebuilt kit and slap it in and off we go! NOT!
After running the buggy I noticed the fuel was not coming from the accelerator pump but from the throttle shaft!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It seams that the fuel is riding along the shaft and leaking from the right side of carb.

Going on the Samba for research, I found it is common problem on the wear from the shaft to the body of the carb.

I have another carb that I will clean and check to see if it does the same thing.

Here is a pic Solex 30/31 adjustment guide I have.

Tony Cool

yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Carb Solex 30/31 Reply with quote

Sorry for the repeats!
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Carb Solex 30/31 Reply with quote

I bought an Hill Engineering t buggy that has a 1500 sp on it. It has one of the carbs on it, this thing hasn't run in years. I got the engine off of it and Im taking it Thursday to my mechanic (vw) so we can put it on a test stand. I cleaned up the carb best I could did not take it apart. This engine I was told by the guy I got it from it was "rebuilt" when the prior owner had it and done by the same mechanic I use. The block is really clean not much evidence of it leaking. I'm hoping it turns out alright I plan to use it on the sportster. Im saleing the rest of the buggy. I did take off the back shocks KYB Gas, I put them on already helped the ride Height.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: