Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Split M Codes..
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Split M Codes.. Reply with quote

Hello all.. nice to be back online.... Jeez Bob what on earth did you do while The Samba was down??

OK... received my Birth Certificate from Stiftung today... Smile

Shows 5 July 1952 Left the Factory... destination.. USA - Hoffman Motor Cars..

So....... shows 3 M Codes it came with

M020 - MPH Speedometer

and M010 and M018... But Stiftung doesnt know what either of these are.. Anybody have a clue..

DB

1952 11C Split L11
1958 Karmann Ghia Coupe L346/L347
1957 MGA Coupe British Racing Green
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your car have the inspection plate behind the rear seat? 'Cause it was in July sometime.....

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:
Does your car have the inspection plate behind the rear seat? 'Cause it was in July sometime.....

Splitdog.. Nope... no inspection plate (and I've been under this thing in the last few weeks to know)... new Tranny.. as the one that came with it didnt seem to have... 1st or 3rd Gears.

Certificate says it was Born on the 3rd of July..... Smile and Left the Factory on the 5th of July.. destined for USA. I know that term "A Max Hoffman Car" is bandied about alot.. but Im really psyched, as I have been reading several Porsche Bigraphies and Max is in most of them.. with his claims that "I will sell 1000 Beetles a month!".... when in reality... in 1952 total.. he sold 640. Alot in Pastel Green and all with Cyclone Air Filters (as mine has one).. anyway... I digress... So who is going to the Copperstate Classic in Phoenix this weekend.... my cars debut, interior looks like a bomb went off in it.. but what the hell.. why not enter it in the Car Show!

DB

1952 11C Split L11
1958 Karmann Ghia Coupe L346/L347
1957 MGA Coupe British Racing Green
Bob Cropsey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Split M Codes.. Reply with quote

I have a 1950 Hoffman Standard Split. When I got the car from Chuck Pisconski in CT. he gave me the birth certificate.

It shows no M-Codes. Maybe it was done before yours and now they print the M-Codes?

Maybe I should send for a new one.

Bob Cropsey
New Jersey
www.JerseyClassic.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: