Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

urbanhippy - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: urbanhippy
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 30, 2017
Nalu33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a bug part from this new seller and communication was sub par at best. I requested the tracking # because I do not live close to my mail box etc but he refused to give it to me. I politely asked for it 4 times and was greeted with rude unhelpful e mails. I do not reccommend this seller and I will never purchase parts from him. I heard this crazy rumor that VW made millions of cars and parts! 😂
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

... in my opinion, Paul is a poor communicator. Would accept a postal money order from me as long as I left the name blank. I did put his name in the "issue to" line, anyway.
Upon receipt, he emailed that I did not follow his instructions and would not accept the postal money order...
...is a week later now and he said he did not send the part, nor could he cash the money order, even though I asked him to return it.
This is the email, I sent him... "... gunna forget about that (broken) green oval radio delete and buy a different one... shouldda' heeded to the Samba feedback on you. I am a sucker for giving others the benefit of the doubt... but I was wrong... would feel better about giving fifty bux to the more desperate... that's what we're alive for... to help others."
... figured, I didn't want to plead for my money back and seemed he wasn't gunna send it anyway and to keep him honest, I just gave it to him... will NEVER deal with him again...
will place the urbanhippie on my disregard list and poof, he'll be gone.
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Panda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought some Thing parts and transaction was smooth, I got my tracking number and parts where just as described on the ad.

Very Happy
tae1302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

I will not buy anything from this guy again!
Please don't trust or buy anything from this guy.
I bought karmann ghia nose badge from him and paid via paypal since 04 June but now 17 July and still nothing ship to me.
I asked for tracking no., he don't have tracking no. for me.

HE IS LIER !!!!

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY!!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

I emailed him about your issue
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stonewally1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just bought a set of dash panels from Paul, and everything turned out great; just as described in the ad. A lot of negative feedback on his record and that seems funny, he was real easy to deal with and, hey... Did you see that user- name? What did you expect? Think about it, we are all old VW folks here.
tae1302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

tae1302 wrote:
I will not buy anything from this guy again!
Please don't trust or buy anything from this guy.
I bought karmann ghia nose badge from him and paid via paypal since 04 June but now 17 July and still nothing ship to me.
I asked for tracking no., he don't have tracking no. for me.

HE IS LIER !!!!

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY!!

Referring to my previously feedback.
I'm still not get the parts that i bought and paid.
But finally with help of EverettB, he did refund to me.

I am not expect to get the parts within 1-2 days after paid.
But it more than a month and i still not get parts.
I even politely emailed him for tracking no. more than 3 times.
But i never get it.

For whoever bought and get everything smoothly with him, i'm appreciated with that.
My case maybe 1 in a million.
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

ZENVWDRIVER wrote:
... in my opinion, Paul is a poor communicator. Would accept a postal money order from me as long as I left the name blank. I did put his name in the "issue to" line, anyway.
Upon receipt, he emailed that I did not follow his instructions and would not accept the postal money order...
...is a week later now and he said he did not send the part, nor could he cash the money order, even though I asked him to return it.
This is the email, I sent him... "... gunna forget about that (broken) green oval radio delete and buy a different one... shouldda' heeded to the Samba feedback on you. I am a sucker for giving others the benefit of the doubt... but I was wrong... would feel better about giving fifty bux to the more desperate... that's what we're alive for... to help others."
... figured, I didn't want to plead for my money back and seemed he wasn't gunna send it anyway and to keep him honest, I just gave it to him... will NEVER deal with him again...
will place the urbanhippie on my disregard list and poof, he'll be gone.

When I last communicated with this Urbanhippie, he told me that he placed the $50 money order in the trash and was not going to cash it and not going to send my part (that I paid for)...
... Now, almost 3 months later, after I paid another $6, to the postal service to do a tracer on the money order, they sent a photo copy of the transaction, the endorsed money order... now we all know, this Urbanhippie just outright stole my fifty bux and never sent the part.
To me, when another steels anything, it means they have a genuine need for what they stole. Hope my measly fifty bux got this poor soul in a better place, in life... as I was taught by my master, we only get disturbed if we identify with only one way of thinking. This was a good lesson in forgiveness. I forgive this Urbanhippie for trespassing against me and have placed him on my ignore list. I suggest you do the same, before any transaction.
1960 single cab
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

I send him an email about your post above.
Let me know if he contacts you about this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Panda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

Once again i bought some sunvisor clips for my VW Thing, no issues with the transaction.

Will do business with him again.
Audi Nutz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a VW Thing door in early July. Took a few emails and a few weeks but I recieved it. The door fit the description as advertised. While it took longer than I would have liked, and a bit worrisome at times, the seller followed through and I'm happy with the result, your mileage may vary. Always use PayPal for their seller guarantee and you won't lose your money if a transaction goes bad, I also find that civility often contributes to success.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
HUGO bOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a wind cabrio frame...
Was kind enough to send to a friend of mine on the USA... arrived safe and sound.
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I send him an email about your post above.
Let me know if he contacts you about this.

... guess your email helped. Thank you for your help.

The part showed up today... thanks to urbanhippy also.

Would I buy form this member again? If I was dealing with the Dr.Jeckle, then probably not... if with the Mr.Hyde, then probably so... have removed him from my ignore list.
1960 single cab
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2

belairman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought some parts from Pau,l communication was fine. Parts arrived as seller stated. Would buy from him again.
ryanjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought CA black plates at a great price. Paul responded to emails immediately. I paid for part over the weekend and just received them 3 days later. Can't be happier
PedalWerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

Item as described, Thank You,

www.pedalwerks.com
@pedalwerksdotcom
909-289-9655
12' Golf 2.5
07' Rabbit 2.5
59' Single Cab
57' Oval hard top
55' Oval hardtop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've paid for two items, a speedometer and a hood prop from Paul Wrey AKA Urbanhippy. His paypal address is [email protected] but the name in Paypal says "Austen Wery".

Speedometer was paid for on 11/29/17, hood prop was paid for on 12/8/17.

When I made an offer for the hood prop on Thursday the 7th I got this response, "Sure that's fair PayPal is [email protected] I can ship it on Sat" (Saturday would have been the 9th).

I got no response from the seller for either item telling me the item was shipped so I contacted him on 12/14 asking for a tracking number for either item.

Austen/Paul's response was "Late last week I believe"

Still nothing on the 17th so I ask again for a status or tracking number.

Austen/Paul's response was "Honestly been so busy moving hadn't had a chance to look , busy time of the year should have it any day now I would think"

Still nothing on 12/23/17 so I ask again.

Austen/Paul's response is "They were shipped I'll put tracking on PayPal when I find them"

I check Paypal and still no parts or tracking number as of today.

I've had previous transactions with this seller and had no problems, but this time it seems I've been burned. Maybe he'll see this and come clean. I'll wait a another day and file a dispute with Paypal I guess.

Otherwise, I'd suggest others stay away from this seller.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fullthrottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

This is the worst seller on samba i have ever did business with! This person is a very deceitful joke of a Lier! bought 2 snowflake tail lights from him, never shipped items. told me he did , I ask for tracking number and he did not respond to my emails. ( 2 different days of trying to get in touch). Finally had to contact pay pal for my money back! after pay pal contacted him he started sending nasty emails to me that was really childish and filthy! wouldn't answer my emails , but sure did answer pay pals ! you think he would learn , you get in trouble for being dishonest ! thankfully got my money back, thanks to pay pal. Please stay away from the so called person! what a sick individual ! Samba does not need people like this ! I bet your Mother is very proud of you , Paul, Wrey, austin ,Or whatever you call yourself ! Have a great day !
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: urbanhippy - [email protected] Reply with quote

Austen Wery is this person, who is banned for life:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73665

He is banned again now.

Locking this thread as we have the longer one above.
If anyone has any issues with this person, please post in the thread above.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: