Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help with Vermont plates (loophole)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
summer25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with Vermont plates (loophole) Reply with quote

The vin does come back clean and not stolen. If what I'm trying next doesn't work then looks like this is the route I'll be taking. Thanks for the info!
Matt_NC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Help with Vermont plates (loophole) Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
The NC DMV inspectors are not cops, they wield more power than the state troopers (Only outranked by the game warden, the FBI, the secret service, and then the IRS) and they seem to find the most pissed-at-the-world individuals to fill this position.

I am going to hope for one that is in a good mood........ Inspectors aside, has anyone used the Vermont registration in North Carolina to get a title?
Do they recognize the Vermont registration as proof of ownership?
Do they uestion the fact that I obviously don't live there?

I just want to hear from someone who has gotten a title this way that it does indeed work.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Help with Vermont plates (loophole) Reply with quote

Matt_NC wrote:

Do they recognize the Vermont registration as proof of ownership?
Do they uestion the fact that I obviously don't live there?

Yes they do, especially if the paper trail in their system shows that it's been in NC the whole time. NC DMV has been known to take extra efforts in tracing & denying title transfers from "title mill" states. I don't know if Vermont has been recognized as such but they really cracked down on titles from those mid-western states that were always used in the "get a title for any car" ads in Hemmings & the like.

When I got my latest project registered last week, it got flagged due to being out of the system for 35+ years & a DMV officer called the tag agency to have them send a fax of the title to be reviewed by the overlords.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: