Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

OddN wrote:
campism wrote:
No, my TV was not LeMonsbombed. I just spotted this in "The Package" with Gene Hackman and Tommy Lee Jones. Any movie set in Germany in the '80s is bound to have at least one T3 in it. This one appeared during the first five minutes, and the action shifted Stateside shortly thereafter.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My guess is that even this "German" scene is filmed i the US.

A real german police Transporter would probably not have Carat bumpers, and would definitely not have the red side markers.

Same movie goof as in "Angles and Demons".

Good point, but I did say set in Germany (notes from IMDB indicate filming took place near the director's home in Chicago). This would be a good item to post on IMDB in the Trivia section about the movie. Never noticed if they have a Goofs section but this qualifies.

*edit*

There is indeed a Goofs section (several in this movie, of all types) and I submitted this item. Thanks for the heads up!
superman73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

i sold my vanagon to NOLA films in new orleans last march for them to use in a new CBS pilot coming out this fall about the navy seals.

and here is the pilot:

Link

start watching about the 2:35 mark.

Jesus Saves

70 deluxe bus
74 ghia 1776 dual carb
67 manx clone

various other parts cars.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228364&highlight=superman73sb+bellsouth
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
doctorsemaphore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

Very cool! Uh, did he call it a "Scooby van"?
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

Bitchin' wheels for a third world T3. It's very telegenic.

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

Watching "An American Werewolf in London" for the first time I did not expect a Vanagon. I was surprised to see one in a background shot in the last third of the movie after the lead character's recovery from his first transformation. He and the girl catch a cab and a white-over-green hardtop appears ahead of them in traffic while the cabbie is talking over his shoulder to them.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

CBS This Morning had a segment devoted to the eclipse viewers in Madras OR yesterday morning. We saw it before heading out for our own viewing in SC. Reporter Jamie Yuccas was in a campground and, sure enough, a red Westy poptop is showing in the background and as the camera pans you can see a white hardtop coming into the frame. Cool!

joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

campism wrote:
Watching "An American Werewolf in London" for the first time I did not expect a Vanagon. I was surprised to see one in a background shot in the last third of the movie after the lead character's recovery from his first transformation. He and the girl catch a cab and a white-over-green hardtop appears ahead of them in traffic while the cabbie is talking over his shoulder to them.

I just saw that last week as well! I've seen that movie a million times (best werewolf movie ever) and never noticed it.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
The Carrot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

Here's one.....

https://www.wired.com/story/follow-eclipse-hunters-on-the-pilgrimage-to-totality/
Waldi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unternehmen/wohnmobile-camping-traum-zum-teilen-a-1163509.html
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

A guy on the Yahoo Vanagon list mentioned the presence of a Vanagon in another new fall show, The Brave. I found the trailer and there does appear to be a Vanagon in it but you'll need to be quick. Without numerous starts and stops I'd never have positively identified it. I caught glimpses at about :52 (stopped at a light on the far side of the focus vehicle) and at 1:50 (guy emerging from slider and firing toward the rear), and in between be sure to look for a woman in a hijab shooting out the passenger's window at a vehicle ahead. Guess hardtops are a lot more badass than Westies this season, on TV at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfMJI9RFTSU
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

So, is he shooting from the jump seat, or is this a non-Westy with a trick swivel seat?
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

Team WorldTour wrote:
So, is he shooting from the jump seat, or is this a non-Westy with a trick swivel seat?

Milk crate, or else he's sitting on the cooler. Or the toolbox.
tencentlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/travel/south-am...e&_r=0

Please don't PM here, I will not reply.

Experience is kryptonite to doctrine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

New Macklemore music video:

Link

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

I found this YouTube channel that has a lot of the Van Lifers on it. It's real cool, and I wonder how many of them are on here.....

Link

Link

Link

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

Disturbing report just now on the late news about people being attacked in their stopped car, but the story had great background scenery. Fortunately, no Vanagons were reported to have been injured.

pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

I just saw an episode of the British police series known as 'Luther', one from their season 2. No ID of which episode from that season. A bad-guy cartel has brought a large and fancy school bus to a boys school at the time they expected the real school bus, so they get on- all 14 of them, The police find the bus later, empty-- the boys had been crammed into a Vanagon delivery van. The kidnapper pulls the plastic louvered panel on one side off and puts a hose from the exhaust pipe up into it and starts the motor to asphyxiate them. Luther gets there just in time, of course and frees them catching the bad guy.
For those who don't get to watch Brit TV (our local PBS has lots of it), Luther is a more subtle, less shoot-em-up police drama than the American variety; I like it better.
randolph57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

Newish one on British Tv:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjtoHqi_JSQ

Haven't bought any moisturiser yet!
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

Watching the new Netflix series Mindhunter (pretty good show) and have noticed there is a bay westy in every episode. Different buses, but all bays and westys so far. Beetles and a Karmann Ghia. Fun!

Last edited by tarandusVDub on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons in electronic media: TV, movies, games, etc. Reply with quote

randolph57 wrote:
Newish one on British Tv:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjtoHqi_JSQ

Haven't bought any moisturiser yet!

I'm a little bit disappointed.
I was geared up for a vanagon chase scene.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Jump to:
Page 37 of 80

Jump to: