Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Floridian members, did you own my 1971 bus from 1982-2005?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hylomatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Floridian members, did you own my 1971 bus from 1982-2005? Reply with quote

I have an untitled bus that I picked up just recently. From what I can gather, the name on the title and its last registration is the same person. According to the DMV, that person is older. The title was done in Aug 1982 and it was last registered in 2005. Since this time, it's been passed around and no one has reregistered or retitled it.

I went to the DMV and had them send a letter that I wrote to the person on record in hopes that person is still around and willing to help me get this sorted out, at my expense of course. So I figured i would drop a topic in here as well. Who knows, maybe he still haunts the chat boards. Maybe he bought another VW.

It's a blue and white 1971 transporter. I'm not sure if it's bad form to put your VIN # in the forums. I'll hold off until I get some feedback on this. I checked for any liens or stolen status and it comes out clear according to my searches and according to the DMV.

I'll throw in some pictures, but I know it probably doesn't look like it did during the PO's time with it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by hylomatt on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hylomatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: To any Floridian members, did you own my bus from 1982-2005? Reply with quote

Also, If you're someone that owned it since 2005, feel free to say so. Your info could lead me to a PO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Floridian members, did you own my 1971 bus from 1982-2005? Reply with quote

What kind of paperwork do you have for it? You might be able to get it titled in Vermont and the get it retitled in Florida.
hylomatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Floridian members, did you own my 1971 bus from 1982-2005? Reply with quote

I figured I have three options. Succeeding at this approach, bonded title, or Vermont approach. I'm not super pressed for time so I figured I'd try this one first and give it 2-4 weeks of waiting to see if I hear back from the guy.

I have a bill of sale and a purchase receipt.
hylomatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Floridian members, did you own my 1971 bus from 1982-2005? Reply with quote

How about anyone recognizing this bus? Any subsequent owners that might know who to contact?
hylomatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Floridian members, did you own my 1971 bus from 1982-2005? Reply with quote

just to wrap this one up, all is well now. i've completed my registration with Vermont and i'll be transferring to florida as soon as i get the windows back in to drive it to the dmv.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: