Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oil sump plate 36HP
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
paf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Oil sump plate 36HP Reply with quote

Hello,

I drained the sump recently and put back the original plate with new gaskets. I noticed that the plate was distorted but as it was not leaking before I put it back. Now, off course it is leaking... I would like to change the plate to a aluminum billet one, but I only found plates for late 1200 (not 36HP) and I am wandering if there are difference between both of them, or if I can buy a standard billet one and that it will fit to the 36HP.

Thanks for your help.
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Oil sump plate 36HP Reply with quote

36 hp sump plate is smaller diameter than 40hp and later.
paf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Oil sump plate 36HP Reply with quote

OK, thanks. Do you know where to buy same billet plate for 36HP ?
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Oil sump plate 36HP Reply with quote

I have an adapter you can use to install a late model sump (1.5 qt or bigger) to your 36hp engine.

This doesn't directly answer your question, but could be a solution if you'd like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil sump plate 36HP Reply with quote

Could also just buy a new plate with drain plug

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D111%2D115%2D181%2DB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
paf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Oil sump plate 36HP Reply with quote

txoval wrote:
I have an adapter you can use to install a late model sump (1.5 qt or bigger) to your 36hp engine.

This doesn't directly answer your question, but could be a solution if you'd like.

Thank you txoval, but I do not like to stack parts, according to murphy's law it will lead to further leak opportunities... I will try to use silicone gaskets, and surface the plate on next drainage, and see what happen.

Anyway thank you all of you for your advices
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: