Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for a right paint code..
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonyMann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Looking for a right paint code.. Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Guys,
I would like to your help.I looking for a right/correct paint code,

According by Samba technical forum will be the code :

"L53 sealing wax red",but I do not know,what is a diffrent a "SW"red and normal red...Help me,if you Can..What is a right paint code?Greetings from Hungary..

(I think,the mentioned foto red color is little bit orange,like a normal sealing wax red)
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a right paint code.. Reply with quote

Not exactly sure what you are asking. L53 is the paint code for Sealing Wax Red. L 456 (RED) ruby red is the other red color.

If you have a bus with Mcode plate that should tell you the color it came from the factory. If you have a bus that was earlier or missing the Mcode plate, the VW factory "Birth Certificate" should show the correct paint color/s.
EeVeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a right paint code.. Reply with quote

I thought L53 was a bright red color because of all the (telephone) pics I saw, but in real life it is red/brown:

AntonyMann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a right paint code.. Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
Not exactly sure what you are asking. L53 is the paint code for Sealing Wax Red. L 456 (RED) ruby red is the other red color.

If you have a bus with Mcode plate that should tell you the color it came from the factory. If you have a bus that was earlier or missing the Mcode plate, the VW factory "Birth Certificate" should show the correct paint color/s.

Unfortunately,presently my bus is a normal grey,
I would like a new colors combo.This color my favorit...
AntonyMann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a right paint code.. Reply with quote

AntonyMann wrote:
Eric&Barb wrote:

Unfortunately,presently my bus is a normal grey,
I would like a new colors combo.This color my favorit...

Thx for a pics,
Yes,this is a color,what I looking for.
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a right paint code.. Reply with quote

Here is the paint code from Kurt and his Funky 59 single cab. He went thru a lot of effort to duplicate this color 100% accurate.

Khopkinsx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a right paint code.. Reply with quote

I am sure there are better sites for VW stuff...

I see that you are in Hungary, I am not sure how much this will help you, but.. you can try looking at

http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml

I searched on a 56 VW bus and it comes up.
62 DC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AntonyMann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a right paint code.. Reply with quote

Khopkinsx wrote:
I am sure there are better sites for VW stuff...

I see that you are in Hungary, I am not sure how much this will help you, but.. you can try looking at

http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml

I searched on a 56 VW bus and it comes up.

Thx,was absolute helpfully..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: