Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

77 bay stopped running?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: 77 bay stopped running? Reply with quote

check all your electrical connections at the coil as well as the one at the TS2 and those under the plenum.
cdolsen1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 77 bay stopped running? Reply with quote

ok. I've made it back from a 7-mile test drive with the family following in the truck. We had no issues with the engine.
As I took a left-hand turn they said clear liquid was pouring out the left side.
I assume gas.
Is the filler tube easy to access?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 77 bay stopped running? Reply with quote

cdolsen1 wrote:

As I took a left-hand turn they said clear liquid was pouring out the left side.
I assume gas.

Shocked You do carry a good sized fire extinguisher that has been recently serviced in a place that's easy to access in a panic, right?

Could be the filler elbow: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc..._chars=200
Or the filler neck hose: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc..._chars=200
But since you say it was coming from the left the red vapor line is suspect as well, do them all just in case, if one's bad the others aren't any better: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc..._chars=200

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
cdolsen1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 77 bay stopped running? Reply with quote

The liquid is from the right side as I turn left.
How do you access the fuel filler and lines for the tank?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 77 bay stopped running? Reply with quote

cdolsen1 wrote:
How do you access the fuel filler and lines for the tank?

You click on those links above and read the threads where others have done it to begin with, there's pictures too Smile

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
cdolsen1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 77 bay stopped running? Reply with quote

OK. Today I was able to pull the fire wall. I found a tank and a bunch of dust. This shows me that the leak was not from the tank or the filler tube. Where else would the fuel be coming from on a left hand turn?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 77 bay stopped running? Reply with quote

Sounds like a filler neck issue from here, most likely the elbow behind the cap.

Слава Україні!
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 77 bay stopped running? Reply with quote

also look closely around the fuel sender. Those O-rings crack and leak sometimes. There is a vent hose hidden under the spare tire that can dump also but it might not be worse on a left hand turn. Best guess is BusDaddy is right - it will be a rotted filler elbow.
cdolsen1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 77 bay stopped running? Reply with quote

yes, again busdaddy is correct. the fuel filler hose at the top of the filler had a hole.
What a pain in the rear this is to replace.
Thank you for the help
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: