Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Econ heads
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brant258
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Econ heads Reply with quote

ACN Stocker Plus Dual Port Cylinder Heads, (L3 heads) 35 X 32mm Valves

Any thoughts on these heads for a 1679 with dual 40s?
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

AA has a really good cylinder head that outflows the DRD L3 with stock valves. They have Chong Woo's peanut chambers, and come in either 35.5x32 or 40x35.5. They all have stainless valves, three angle valve job, and single HD valve springs. They're ready out-of-the-box. The CEO claims they can make ten more horsepower over the 113 casting. The 40x35s flow over 130 CFM/25" at .500". Really inexpensive too, depending on your wholesaler. I get them for about $380 a set. It's called the AA 500 cylinder head. The stock ones work well with the Web 110 cam, 9.2:1 compression and 88 thick walls.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

ditto, or lost pan of cheetos from cb performance.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

Unless things have changed recently the L3 IS the AA 500 head.
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

AlteWagen wrote:
Unless things have changed recently the L3 IS the AA 500 head.

That's what I thought also.

Pull the valves and carefully blend the seats. They need it on the AA heads. Pick up an easy 10-18cfm if done correctly.

Brian
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

I thought the trick chamber was the 501? 502? either way get the trick woochong chamber with the 40x35 valved heads. Shocked no not the wong chew heads.those are oh so rong for your build. Rolling Eyes
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

500, 501, 502 all have the heart chamber, the AA 043, and SP clone have the standard VW chamber.
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

Tims sells a super stock head and a super stock fully ported head as well...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1069091

Some interesting info on the AA500 and AA501 heads from a previous post...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=592906
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

My 042's flow 145 on the intake at .500 lift at 25" Best flowing as cast round port cylinder head on the market. Also, the only MADE IN THE USA head.

http://www.mofoco.com/item/MOFOCO_042_BIG_VALVE_CYLINDER_HEAD/235/c52

You will not be disappointed.

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

Slight hijack here...

Roy,
In the future, will you be offering a 37x32 head based on your 042 casting? Maybe even a bare option? What is the as cast intake port volume of your 042?

With the added cooling, it seems like this would be about the ultimate head for a mini stroker 1968ish cc bus engine.

Brian
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

Brian_e wrote:
Slight hijack here...

Roy,
In the future, will you be offering a 37x32 head based on your 042 casting? Maybe even a bare option? What is the as cast intake port volume of your 042?

With the added cooling, it seems like this would be about the ultimate head for a mini stroker 1968ish cc bus engine.

Brian

Well, sort of. I have a 37.5 intake and 32mm exhaust valve head that will be my new Super Street that is made on the 040 casting. The 042 has the ports cast in so the smallest valves I would use on that head is 40mm x 35.5mm.

The intake port volume on the 042 is 62cc.

www.mofoco.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Brian_e wrote:
Slight hijack here...

Roy,

Brian

Well, sort of. I have a 37.5 intake and 32mm exhaust valve head that will be my new Super Street that is made on the 040 casting. The 042 has the ports cast in so the smallest valves I would use on that head is 40mm x 35.5mm.

The 040 has a port just like the old replacement VW 040 heads, and an the extra cooling mods cast in?

Thanks!

Brian
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Econ heads Reply with quote

Brian_e wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Brian_e wrote:
Slight hijack here...

Roy,

Brian

The 040 has a port just like the old replacement VW 040 heads, and an the extra cooling mods cast in?

Thanks!

Brian

Nope, our 040 port flows better than any other stock casting and has the extra cooling, 3/4" reach plugs, no step 55cc chambers, not drilled through on the rocker studs, larger intake face, added material for not breaking through when boring for 94's....

www.mofoco.com

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: