Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

76 Baywindow oil pressure issues
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 76 Baywindow oil pressure issues Reply with quote

cchris wrote:
Finally got what i needed to finish installing my oil pressure gauge Due to the sender location i opted for a remote sender If anyone needs lines and fittings in the North Los Angeles area I highly recommend Orme Bros .they're very knowledgeable with reasonable prices with everything you need They also make lines to order on the spot

The adapter that goes into the case looks long, it may partially block the oil gallery. Make sure to measure the depth of the threads in the case. You may need to cut some of the threads off the adapter.
Good luck
Tcash
cchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 76 Baywindow oil pressure issues Reply with quote

It was longer than the original sender so i doubled up on the brass washers and that worked out perfect
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
WhirledTraveller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 76 Baywindow oil pressure issues Reply with quote

cchris wrote:
Just checked the pressure with the gauge and it's a little low it's around 20-25 PSI at idle with the engine warm and goes up to around 55 PSI at 2500 RPM The book says the minimum should be 28 PSI I'm sure the bottom end is tired but is there any problem installing a heavier pressure valve (spring) to boost the pressure back up? Or anything else i should try first?

The book says something like 28 psi at 2500 RPM with the oil 150F, this from memory the numbers might not be exact. Point is that 55 PSI at 2500 RPM is actually a little too high. 20-25 PSI at idle is excellent, also a little high. But depends what you mean by "warm". You have to get it out on the highway to really get it up to temp. Just idling in your driveway a few minutes isn't enough.
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Oil Pressure Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

thnx mayor ratwell
Note cold start oil pressure
http://www.ratwell.com/technical/FAQ/FAQContent.html#0103

Tcash
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: