Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ghia68forever - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldessariclan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: ghia68forever - [email protected] Reply with quote

BUYER BEWARE!

Recently purchased a Helios washer bottle valve from the seller, advertised as "New" and "Never Used".

What I actually received was an obviously old and used unit (ref. pics below) -- note obvious permanent indentation mark in gasket from long-term installation on washer bottle, green paint overspray on hose, dirt / dust accumulation, etc.
In addition, the valve is also defective -- it leaks whenever attached to the spare tire pressure source.

Seller continued to maintain that the valve was "new" and "never used" as advertised, until I sent her these pictures, after which I got no further response / explanation for the erroneous advertising. She has also refused to reimburse me for any return shipping charges to get a refund.

So I'm ultimately stuck with a mis-advertised, used, and defective valve -- not a happy customer!! Sad

Once again, strongly recommend the "buyer beware" if considering purchasing advertised items from this seller...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ghia68forever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: ghia68forever - [email protected] Reply with quote

This person was sold 3 brand new parts. Pictures of all the parts were posted in the ad before they were purchased and the exact same parts were sent to the buyer. Even though the parts were sold as is when the buyer contacted me I replied and told them if the parts were returned in the condition they were sent I would gladly refund the entire amount of purchase.

The buyer refused to send parts back and insisted that I issue a refund and then he would send the parts back. Anyone who sells knows that is not the way it works.

As far as the pictures posted, I have no idea what that is. The only thing that comes to mind is they replaced the new valve I sent them and this is the old one they replaced it with.

I have been selling on the samba for a long time and never had anything like this happen. I stand by anything I sell on here.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: ghia68forever - [email protected] Reply with quote

I decided to look it up.

Here's the original washer valve photo from the ad:

and an all overall photo of all the parts:

I agree it's the same one from the ad.
It looks used to me - there is green paint on the hose.
The green painted hose matches the other photos above.
My opinion is that someone bought a new valve and put the old one in the new parts bag.

I agree that the standard method for getting money back is a return of the parts first.
Unless some other arrangement is made - partial refund or whatever.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ghia68forever
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: ghia68forever - [email protected] Reply with quote

I offered a full refund!!!!
baldessariclan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: ghia68forever - [email protected] Reply with quote

The washer valve I received was used, not new as advertised, and does not work correctly (leaks).

The seller also refused to pay for return shipping of the defective part. It is my normal experience and expectation with reputable vendors that they stand behind what they sell, and will fully refund (including shipping charges) for merchandise they have sold which turns out to be mis-advertised and/or defective.

Due to the fact that I had not been receiving credible answers or explanations to my earlier questions, and seller also refusing to follow normal practice of reimbursement for the return shipping of defective/misrepresented merchandise, I am understandably somewhat reluctant to spend yet more time and money to send the part back in hopes of an eventual refund.

However, if the seller is agreeable to providing a full refund including reimbursement for the return shipping charges, I'd be happy to send the original merchandise back and leave an amended feedback posting once I have received the full refund amount. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: