Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Paper models for Early type 3 NB door panels
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lahdepe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Paper models for Early type 3 NB door panels Reply with quote

Anyone has a possibility to create early type 3 Notchback door panel paper models. Rear and front including all holes, ashtray hole and everything. It's that 2 piece version with Z-bar.

I got one piece versions and they don't fit in to my -65. So I try to modify these one piece versions to make them suitable for my car. Seems to be mission impossible to get any help for this in Finland Sad

Please contact with PM or email: [email protected]

Thanks for advance!
pbnjimages
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Paper models for Early type 3 NB door panels Reply with quote

I'll be pulling mine apart in about a month for upholstery layout. I can template then if you still need
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lahdepe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Paper models for Early type 3 NB door panels Reply with quote

pbnjimages wrote:
I'll be pulling mine apart in about a month for upholstery layout. I can template then if you still need

Ok that sounds good. Can you get back to this when you are starting your operaration?
pbnjimages
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Paper models for Early type 3 NB door panels Reply with quote

Absolutely will
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lahdepe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Paper models for Early type 3 NB door panels Reply with quote

lahdepe wrote:
Anyone has a possibility to create early type 3 Notchback door panel paper models. Rear and front including all holes, ashtray hole and everything. It's that 2 piece version with Z-bar.

I got one piece versions and they don't fit in to my -65. So I try to modify these one piece versions to make them suitable for my car. Seems to be mission impossible to get any help for this in Finland Sad

Please contact with PM or email: [email protected]

Thanks for advance!

Still waiting for some friendly person to make me templates for the door panels. Any volunteers?
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Paper models for Early type 3 NB door panels Reply with quote

You may want to try out a few Facebook groups - the response will be faster and you will find local people who might be able to help you. A lot of EU owners are in the Facebook groups. Just search for the groups and you'll find lots of options.
lahdepe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Paper models for Early type 3 NB door panels Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
You may want to try out a few Facebook groups - the response will be faster and you will find local people who might be able to help you. A lot of EU owners are in the Facebook groups. Just search for the groups and you'll find lots of options.

Thanks for the advice but I don't have FB account and not planning to start using it either 😞
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Paper models for Early type 3 NB door panels Reply with quote

Pattern making is not that hard! It seems like your 1 piece panels could be successfully cut down to 2 piece door panels? Use Cheap poster cardboard & scissors to make panels to fit your car. Idea Upsize the finished poster board panels to 1/8" plastic sheet for padding/upholstery?

P.S. Take it to a Professional Upholstery Shop & have them install the good square weave carpets too! Very Happy
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: