Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can't Find This Build Thread (Navy Grey Rail/GPS Speedo)
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Third
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Can't Find This Build Thread (Navy Grey Rail/GPS Speedo) Reply with quote

I know it's been active since I finally signed up to post here. At least I'm pretty certain (so since April maybe). Kicking myself for not bookmarking it anyway.

I saved some of the images, but now someone is asking about GPS speedos on one of the FB VW groups and I seem to recall a bit of discussion in the build thread.

Would like to link it (I already found a more recent brief post on the topic).

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Third
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Find This Build Thread (Navy Grey Rail/GPS Speedo) Reply with quote

Dammed if I can find it. I *know* it was on here somewhere...
Third
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Find This Build Thread (Navy Grey Rail/GPS Speedo) Reply with quote

Finally !

Sneaky little buggy was hiding...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=649250

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=682027
Narrow minded rail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Find This Build Thread (Navy Grey Rail/GPS Speedo) Reply with quote

This is my buggy I have been building. I didn't make a build thread which is my stupidity. I didn't think anyone would be interested in what I had done to it. Not the little things anyway. Wish I would have done the thread.
What can I help you with. I have plenty of pics and info that I would be happy to share.

Thank you
Third
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Find This Build Thread (Navy Grey Rail/GPS Speedo) Reply with quote

Thanks.

I was just passing along a number of comments, links, and discussions referencing GPS speedos to someone who had asked on FB.

Pretty well covered, though.

*And yeah, you could always make a picture build thread since the images are already hosted here ! I *love* that build !
pullstart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Can't Find This Build Thread (Navy Grey Rail/GPS Speedo) Reply with quote

It is quite a nice build... I'd second a build thread that's picture heavy!

my build page: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=662104&start=0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Narrow minded rail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Find This Build Thread (Navy Grey Rail/GPS Speedo) Reply with quote

Wow thanks guys. That means a lot coming from some of the things I see on here.. this is where I got alot of my ideas from.. my son keeps calling it over kill.. so that is the name of the buggy..

I will try to get the pics together and make a build thread. Especially since it is running now..
YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't Find This Build Thread (Navy Grey Rail/GPS Speedo) Reply with quote

what a great name..now you need a stereo to blast Men at Work:

Overkill:

I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications
Especially at night
I worry over situations
I know will be alright
Perhaps it's just imagination
'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
'73 Personenkraftwagen Type 182 "Thing"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Narrow minded rail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Can't Find This Build Thread (Navy Grey Rail/GPS Speedo) Reply with quote

That is me !!! I have a notebook beside the bed and when I com up with ideas of things to build I write them down..
a lot of times when I start to build things I will figure them out at night ..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: