Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel rail leaks, then not?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottShelley wrote:
There's a leak and in that area there are a lot of possibilities. Why so stuck on the fuel rail and why argue every point? VW people are turning in to Dodge truck people...

not stuck on fuel rail except that is what first post said was leaking. But I sure wouldn't go and replace the regulator unless it was proven bad, that was poor advice to replace it regardless of the test, and the test procedure given was not complete until I posted the factory recommended procedure

cats, cats and more cats.

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My van now has sexy new fuel rails from Van Cafe even though there were no other signs of leakage. Probably a cold weather issue, requiring a little more care and skill with starting.

One more thing to worry/watch. Quite a learning curve on these old vans.
rwjacks2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel rail leaks, then not? Reply with quote

I had the same problem this weekend with my '84 camper. Van was sitting for a couple months. No prior fuel leaks. No change in fuel lines. Drove van and when I came home noticed trail of fuel along my driveway and small puddle in garage.

Ran the van yesterday, crawled under to find leak and nothing. No drips, nothing.

Does this mean it is a fuel regulator valve failure?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
metropoj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel rail leaks, then not? Reply with quote

No, it means you have a leak somewhere and that there is an inherent danger of your van going up in flames.

Run the test Dylan suggested and that will tell you if the FPR is 'suspect' or not. Then, move on to other areas like the fuel rails, fuel pass through spigot on the firewall and pretty well every clamped joint in the fuel rail, injectors, etc.

Too bad you couldn't see where the fuel was coming from, there are several weak points in the vans fuel ( and other ) systems that many vendors have great fixes for.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: