Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hazet Tool Kit
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
roy3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Hazet Tool Kit Reply with quote

I have an old tool kit that I want to sell. I got it years ago in a trade and it's been sitting around for 20 years. I know nothing about these things. I do not want to give it away nor do I want to price it sky high. Any experts out there that can give me an idea or two? I will have pictures soon. My camera is acting up at the moment.

Thanks,

Roy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ann Mezger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the last 2 that I had, I sold a complete kit for $100 & a kit missing the screw driver for $75 or $80. Both were in very good condition. That was a few years ago. On average, in the swap meets I've seen complete tool kits going for about $100.00 to $150.00 as long as they're the real deal in good condition & not the aftermarket copys. Sometimes people ask a little more than that & I've heard of a kit priced as much as $250+ in pristine condition, but I think you may have a tough time getting that much. Have you tried checking the classifieds on here? There are a few different kits & tools listed. IMO, some seem to be priced a little high & I think the ad placement date is a good indication of the same. Anyway, check them & it should give you an idea of how to price yours & how many are currently available for sale.

Last edited by Ann Mezger on Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann Mezger wrote:
Of the last 2 that I had, I sold a complete kit for $100 & a kit missing the screw driver for $75 or $80. Both were in very good condition. That was a few years ago. On average, I've seen complete tool kits going for about $100.00 to $150.00 as long as they're the real deal in good condition & not the aftermarket copys. Sometimes people ask a little more than that & I've heard of a kit priced as much as $250+ in pristine condition, but I think you may have a tough time getting that much.

have you looked at prices on ebay lately? they regularly go for way more than that.

it also depends on which kit it is, what year it is from, and obviously the condition has alot to do with it.
Ann Mezger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have I? Hell no, I have no interest in them. (which is why I sold mine) I've got a garage full of Snap On tools. Very Happy

Last edited by Ann Mezger on Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check eBay!!
Individual tools (pliers, screwdriver, 8/9mm wrench, etc.) sell for $50-$200. Shocked
Complete kits have been known to hit a Grand or more.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which tool it are we talking about here? The stock tool kit that comes wrapped in a clotch roll up? If so, those kits sell in the range of $20-$75 depending on year & completeness.
Or the Hazet round tool kits that mount in the center of a spare tire? Those fetch a bit more. Empty boxes sell for $100-$250. Complete with all the correct tools easily over $750+ Again, depending on condition, year of manufacture & completeness.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241

Last edited by RareAir on Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RareAir wrote:
Which tool it are we talking about here? The stock tool kit that comes wrapped in a clotch roll up? If so, those kits sell in the range of $20-$75 depending on year & completeness.
Or the Hazet round tool kits that mount in the center of a spare tire? Those fetch a bit more. Empty boxes sell for $100-$250. Complete with all the correct tools easily over $750+ Again, depending on condition, year of manufacture & completeness.

I have sold several.........none of them that cheap. Wink
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

53 0val wrote:
RareAir wrote:
the Hazet round tool kits that mount in the center of a spare tire? with all the correct tools easily over $750+

I'll have a complete 1956-60 kit this weekend at OCTO. Asking price will be $1150
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
Ann Mezger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, & to think I sold mine for $100 & under. They were both the round spare tire tool boxes. I can't believe anybody would pay more than that (IMO it's not worth it) but next time I dig one out, I'll be sure to slap it on ebay.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RareAir wrote:
53 0val wrote:
RareAir wrote:
the Hazet round tool kits that mount in the center of a spare tire? with all the correct tools easily over $750+

I'll have a complete 1956-60 kit this weekend at OCTO. Asking price will be $1150

That's more like the going price. Wink
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tool Kit Reply with quote

Eleven years later, how are the actual selling prices on nice, complete roundbox kits these days? Or should I say "how badly have they fallen"?
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tool Kit Reply with quote

I think i saw one sell on the goodwill auction site for around $200.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: