Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Propex HS2000 remote control wiring help needed!
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
drj434343
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Propex HS2000 remote control wiring help needed! Reply with quote

So, during the installation of my Propex H2000, I had to disconnect the remote control using the white disconnect about 6 inches from the remote. Later, in order to route the harness in a tight space, I had to remove the propex side wires from the connector to get it through a tight hole as the connector was too wide.

I noticed at the time the wires were colored, so I had planned to use the remote side wiring to figure out how to reconnect the loose wires into the connector on the Propex side.

It turns out that Propex used different colored wires on the connector side versus Propex side, so I have no way to know the order of the wires.

Can someone tell me which wire colors connect at the white connector a few inches from the remote controller? I can't find any schematics in Propex's documentation.
calfredson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Propex HS2000 remote control wiring help needed! Reply with quote

Here is a photo of my remote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
drj434343
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Propex HS2000 remote control wiring help needed! Reply with quote

Here's what I'm looking for.

atomatom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Propex HS2000 remote control wiring help needed! Reply with quote

here you go :

Last edited by atomatom on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
drj434343
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Propex HS2000 remote control wiring help needed! Reply with quote

That's exactly what I needed, thanks!
westyventures
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Propex HS2000 remote control wiring help needed! Reply with quote

When in need of this info, contact the distributor / warranty center direct (me). You're not the first. Wink Also, be careful unplugging/reconnecting the controller, the power to the heater must always be disconnected when doing this or it will blow the thermostat surge fuse on the main board.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
atomatom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Propex HS2000 remote control wiring help needed! Reply with quote

drj434343 wrote:
That's exactly what I needed, thanks!

thanks for asking; i half-ass installed mine, but i would probably want to do the same thing when i install it properly. now i have a photo. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: