Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Trying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO cool ideas request
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Trying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO cool ideas request Reply with quote

Trying to impress a girl .... and getting her to dig vanagon outings... so get me your coolest ideas Wink

Heading to Pagosa Springs this Labor Day w/e from Albuquerque to spend Sunday at the Folk Fest in town there. Would love to hear your ideas of cool things to do, visit, and where to van camp both around there and between there and here.

If your place is super secret PM/email/call me and I swear to keep it private Very Happy [email protected] 505-304-5306

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make

Last edited by vanis13 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas requested Reply with quote

Just be yourself and be sure to check the van thoroughly before departure. Chicks do not dig breakdowns.
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Tying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas request Reply with quote

make sure the jump seat is securely fastened...
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Tying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas request Reply with quote

Leave copper nuts out of the conversation, unless she brings them up.
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Tying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas request Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Leave copper nuts out of the conversation, unless she brings them up.

Brass nuts?

Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gvisconty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas requested Reply with quote

campism wrote:
Chicks do not dig breakdowns.

Unless you can get it fixed and back on the road within minutes, smiling confidently the whole time. If can do that you're impressive. Bonus points for figuring out her favorite song without asking and whistling it while you work.

(this will only work once)
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Tying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas request Reply with quote

Read that thread about stabilizing the van with jacks. Hopefully that info will be useful!
And, uh, lube your CV boot...

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
figborg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Tying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas request Reply with quote

Regardless of where you are going:
Cook her a meal in the van and serve wine or beer, then do the dishes. Install dimming interior LEDs and make sure your stereo system is up to par. Make sure to pop the top, unless you are going stealth, of course. Also, wash the exterior and clean the interior.
And yes, above all, be yourself. Enjoy!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=662374
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Tying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas request Reply with quote

1. Do not talk too much about your Vanagon
2. Clean it up. Way good.
3. Before she sees your Vanagon, show her this video. (at your own risk Wink JK )

(features a Vanagon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqPT0Wt7Ws

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Tying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas request Reply with quote

Let her drive it.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas requested Reply with quote

gvisconty wrote:
campism wrote:
Chicks do not dig breakdowns.

Unless you can get it fixed and back on the road within minutes, smiling confidently the whole time. If can do that you're impressive. Bonus points for figuring out her favorite song without asking and whistling it while you work.

(this will only work once)

Last year, coming back from watching fireworks in the next town over on July 4th, the fuel pump in my '73 overheated and the engine stopped. We were in a huge traffic jam and the bus was full with the girl I had recently started dating, my foster sons, and her foster daughter.

So I jumped out and pushed the bus over to the shoulder.

She later told me that she thought it was pretty hot that I was able to push the bus over to the shoulder by myself like that, with everyone in it!

In the end, it didn't work out for other reasons. Oh well.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Tying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas request Reply with quote

Vanagon Nut wrote:
3. Before she sees your Vanagon, show her this video. (at your own risk Wink JK )

(features a Vanagon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqPT0Wt7Ws

Classic!!

Actually Vanilla Pop is NM Local from Taos and girl is (as am I) a fan so she thought it "Seriously Hysterical". We've actually hoped to find them playing but they have gotten so popular for private events that the public shows are now sparse.

vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO cool ideas request Reply with quote

So I'm loving all these responses.

I'm hoping someone will respond with that awesome in-the-middle-of-nowhere spot 'cause without that strong alternative the van and its occupants will be relegated to a public campground Rolling Eyes ...It's all about the company anyway, right? Laughing

Keep them coming!

dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Tying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas request Reply with quote

Vanagon Nut wrote:
...show her this video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqPT0Wt7Ws

Fun...and if she has a taste for good beer, grab a sixer and consider together
the strongly romantic overtones of this classic from Deschutes Brewery:

Link

Hope y'all have a GOOD time...!!! Cool

- Dave

PS: No local expertise, but allow me to Google"Pagosa Springs dispersed camping" for you... Wink

PPS: Luckily, I love finding/looking at maps...here's San Juan Nat'l Forest, Pagosa Ranger District:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd538717.pdf

Looks like a lot of potential out there! Cool

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
AZ Landshaper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO cool ideas request Reply with quote

From the father of two daughters, be a freakin' gentlemen. Make sure you hold the door for her when she steps into the tow truck LOL.

Actually I hope this chick is adventurous and Ive got my fingers crossed that your rig makes it out and back.

-------------------------------------------------------
85 Weekender w/ EJ22
Previously
64, 71, 72, 73, 76, 81, 84, 85 & 87 Campmobiles and Westfalias
and a 67 bug.
wontfalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO cool ideas request Reply with quote

Let her take a nap in the bed as you drive her to the festival. And when she wakes up, make her light the fridge Laughing
atomatom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO cool ideas request Reply with quote

if she won't accept the adventure/thrill of the possibility of the van breaking down you have the wrong van or wrong woman.

here is my dear wife helping bump start (on the prairies) after our starter caught on fire while going 110kmh

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Pcforno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO cool ideas request Reply with quote

There's not much "secret camping" immediately around pagosa. We usually camp by the river at piedra. Lots of free spots. Depending on time check out the west fork San Juan hot springs (6 mile hike). Riff raf brewery or the kip's are good. For fancier food there's La Beuff (French food in west pagosa) or alley house (you'll need reservations)
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO cool ideas request Reply with quote

Depending on you house battery situation, you might want to pick up one of those jumper battery packs from Harbor Freight or FLAPS if you don't have one already.
-d
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Tying to impress a girl - Pagosa Springs CO - cool ideas request Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:
Let her drive it.

+1

OR:

wontfalia wrote:
Let her take a nap in the bed as you drive her to the festival. And when she wakes up, make her light the fridge Laughing

+2
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: