Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The 1.8T
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pcforno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Put me down as another eager to know what pedal this is and if it's a plug and play replacement. I've found the SAH pedal to be almost intolerable on long trips
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Pcforno wrote:
Put me down as another eager to know what pedal this is and if it's a plug and play replacement. I've found the SAH pedal to be almost intolerable on long trips

Yeah if there's a "better" pedal I'm wondering why SAH runs theirs? Paging Stephan? Mines adequate around town but even just the trip to SAH in Sacto starts to irritate my leg/knee.
TequilaSunSet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

I have the peddle and swap... no problems... so what is so annoying about it?
1967 Bug- Gone
1964 Euro Sunroof Bug- Gone
1969/72/63 Sunroof Bug- Gone
1975 Brazilian Bug in the Philippines 🇵🇭- New to me
Beetsport Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

I like it! We just ordered a pedal assembly that looks close to the one in the picture. Lets see if how it works. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Beetsport wrote:
I like it! We just ordered a pedal assembly that looks close to the one in the picture. Lets see if how it works. Smile

Yeahhhhh, now we're talking. Very Happy Fingers crossed it can be a simple DIY offering improved ergos. Then you could sell your converts the kit through your website! Dancing
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Beetsport wrote:

Very cool. Looking forward to the review and part number.
Pcforno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Yes please Stephan! Please report back!!
Beetsport Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Okay. Got pedal in hand and have the connector ordered with gold plated terminals. Pretty much have the ECU to pedal terminal wiring already figured out. We'll see if smoke comes out of that little silver box.. Laughing

Part # on the throttle itself is 1K1 721 503AS.
1k1 723 503AP looks exactly the same and so do the terminal. All fit various VW products. Audi A3 & R8, TT from 2008 - 2015. VW CC, Eos, Jetta, Passat & Rabbit from 2005 - 2015.

I'll get busy figuring out a mounting system for this new pedal asap after I go fix some Vanagon's Smile Cool Red Vanagon Lt. Blue Vanagon Brown Vanagon Green Vanagon Grey Vanagon Blue Vanagon
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bills85Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Beetsport wrote:
Okay. Got pedal in hand and have the connector ordered with gold plated terminals. Pretty much have the ECU to pedal terminal wiring already figured out. We'll see if smoke comes out of that little silver box.. Laughing

Part # on the throttle itself is 1K1 721 503AS.
1k1 723 503AP looks exactly the same and so do the terminal. All fit various VW products. Audi A3 & R8, TT from 2008 - 2015. VW CC, Eos, Jetta, Passat & Rabbit from 2005 - 2015.

I'll get busy figuring out a mounting system for this new pedal asap after I go fix some Vanagon's Smile Cool Red Vanagon Lt. Blue Vanagon Brown Vanagon Green Vanagon Grey Vanagon Blue Vanagon

Sweet! Looks like you have some loyal customers who are ready for this little upgrade!
Engine Conversion Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612144&highlight=
85 Doka L345 Grey - 1.9L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pcforno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Way to go Stephan!! Keep us updated! This is literally the ONLY thing I don't like about the conversion Smile
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Pcforno wrote:
Way to go Stephan!! Keep us updated! This is literally the ONLY thing I don't like about the conversion Smile

Ditto! And thank god I ordered the cruise control. Sorry Bill Wink
Bills85Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Vnyd Dog wrote:
thank god I ordered the cruise control. Sorry Bill Wink

I admit it! Huge mistake!
Engine Conversion Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612144&highlight=
85 Doka L345 Grey - 1.9L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pcforno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Any updates or info on the floor mount pedal?
OddN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Pcforno wrote:
Any updates or info on the floor mount pedal?

This one?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-Touran-Original-Gaspedal...SwExZZcKS0

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

onwardtothestars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Vnyd Dog wrote:
Ah ha! So xoo00oox owes us all his pedal swap diy.

I don't think he owes us anything but it would be wonderful if he informed us.
Somewhere I read the newer pedals pins are wired reverse of the earlier pedal assemblies.
El Sabroso
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

Thanks, Stephan!
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

I think Stephan is probably about to melt in Sacramento this week! NOAA says it's gonna be 110 degrees at his shop tomorrow.
izzydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

ledogboy wrote:
I hated the gas pedal too- i adjusted it as low as possible and I still found it incredibly uncomfortable. Andrew Flint installed this late model Audi/VW pedal in my van and it is much better- darn close to stock! Sorry that I don't have an exact part number!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Who is Andrew Flint? I notice that you're in the SF Bay Area. Does he have a shop here?

Thanks.
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

izzydog wrote:

Who is Andrew Flint?...

Yeah.. more than once I've found myself saying the same thing, who IS that guy. Shocked
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
tristessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: The 1.8T Reply with quote

izzydog wrote:
Who is Andrew Flint? I notice that you're in the SF Bay Area. Does he have a shop here?

Flint European Automotive, East Nassau, NY. Does some amazingly badass things with the 1.8T -- like make it run backwards. Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 22

Jump to: