Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chevy bolt pattern for disks
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
burn-z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Chevy bolt pattern for disks Reply with quote

Hi All,
I am working on a Deserter GT project and bought a set of drop spindles with disk brakes in a VW 4 bolt pattern. I have been trying to find a set of slotted rims but, none are easily available. I found a website with what I want in a Chevy pattern. My problem is that with the adaptors they will stick out too far. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a set of discs that would fit on the spindles in a Chevy pattern.
thanks for the help
Patrick
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy bolt pattern for disks Reply with quote

Are they EMPI disc brakes?

If so, companies like Cip1 sell rotors in a Chevy bolt pattern that will fit.

Example: http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C26%2D407%2D076%2D113
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
burn-z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy bolt pattern for disks Reply with quote

Thanks but they show them as out of stock.
IowaRedManx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy bolt pattern for disks Reply with quote

Find blank rotors, those with no holes for studs. Then have them drilled fo your chevy pattern. Any good machine shop should be able to do the work at a reasonable price.
ammocan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy bolt pattern for disks Reply with quote

Are these the wheels you are looking for?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy bolt pattern for disks Reply with quote

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACC-C10-6742

Chevy 5-bolt pattern In stock

bnc
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Chevy bolt pattern for disks Reply with quote

Paging through this sticky might give you a few ideas:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Chevy bolt pattern for disks Reply with quote

Here you go.

These are fronts but the rears are available too....any pattern you want.

http://carcraftstore.com/4lugfrontbrakerotor.aspx

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
burn-z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Chevy bolt pattern for disks Reply with quote

ammocan wrote:
Are these the wheels you are looking for?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Yes these are the ones that I am looking for. I was trying to find 5.5 inch and 10 inch rims but, they are very hard to find in the 4 bolt pattern.
burn-z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Chevy bolt pattern for disks Reply with quote

For those of you that may be interested. I had contacted US mags and there Indy - U101 wheels look exactly like the slotted rims I was looking for. They had told me that they can drill a 4 lug in 15x5, 15x7 and 15x8. All the other sizes come with the five cap screw holes pre-tapped.
We COULD drill a 4 lug 15x9 but you would have the five cap screw holes visible which most people would not accept. I did not find out any details about cost. At this point I will go replacing the drums and rotors with the Chevy pattern. Thanks for all your help.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: