Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr matt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

Almost mid-summer, so was wondering if there are any plans for car show and camping at Hibernia. Bummer about the weather last year..

I am not one for facebook, but will check there If there are any postings about this.

Thanks,

Matt
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Hi Matt!
Sorry to say that DripFest is finished for the PA OCOD group. There will not be a show in the foreseeable future. Camping is always available at the park if folks wanted to do something impromptu though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr matt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Thanks for the update,

Very sad though, it had such great potential, but I know it was a lot of work.
The area was so beautiful, it drastically outdoes Flanders.... eventually I thought it would be a better show than Flanders...

Also, thanks for your hard work in the past...
Greatly appreciated.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Very Happy We would have loved to have it had become as large as Flanders. We certainly had the room. But oddly not the attendance despite advertising. Even still, if the show grew we were still men short on staff.

Don't be a stranger! You're only right down the street from me!

Rick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr matt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

I know shows take time to build, and if it got big ( or even a good size), I know I could have pulled in the South Jersey VW club... they have talked about running a show, but in part, they mentioned not having a nice place to put one on. Hibernia is beautiful

Last show rained out, previous one was stinking hot & this time I was ready to kick butt on advertising! Very Happy

Was not sure if you were our of the VW scene Rick.... yea, be good to get together, but so busy with work and repairing family cars.. & my 55 bug as of late. I replaced the steering box, tie rods, shocks.. all back together but now the car is now a mute. Will not beep. Everything will work when not together...in fact horn works right until I put the horn button in the steering wheel , then the bug won't make a peep. & yes, the horn button shows continuity
Very strange....

I am toying with the idea of doing an alignment on it myself, or to save precious time, have a car place do it... then again.. money is precious too!

Also looking for a VW camper bus...

I very much am annoyed with myself about not inviting OCOD to cruises or shows that I attend with SJ VW club.. I just forget. I won't again in the future

I just met sjvwc in NJ on a drive to Egg Harbor previously meeting up at assigned places to pick up more bugs.., cool to see a lot of VW's in a row driving down the road - went to BURKES Car show. Free food- all the food you can eat as well as drinks. The show sponsors love seeing this club as we opened for them the 1st time they put on a show. Should have invited OCOD to go - my bad.

It was a good day though, many neat 50's & modern cars. Did meet a guy with a VW Thing, who happens to live in Phoenixville.

I told him about OCOD, - he asked what kind of club is it. I told him it is a club that denies it is a club (& a little bit more) He was interested. He was coaxed to join the SJVWC via their site - so I could again "meet" him in case there are any OCOD get-togethers.

Rick, anytime you have some free time, give me a yell, I'll make time to meet up with you.

Matt
mr matt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

OK, as I kinda promised, I am passing on a very nice cruise set up by Joe Lorini, he sets up 2 nice cruises/ year. He sends an email group of people having antique cars,

I have to give it to this guy, he tries to make each one interesting, had some very creative stops, Wonder if he is going to be running out of ideas soon...

Here is his email below to the tour group. He can only take 4 more sign-ups

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks
Matt

................................................................................................

All:  We have a great Fall Tour lined up for Saturday, October 14th.  Come out with us for a pleasant drive amid the Fall foliage and visit two fun venues.

QVC Studio Tour:  Yea, who doesn't like QVC and a tour of how it all works? Maybe even see a "celebrity"?

American Treasure Tour:  Best kept secret in the Philadelphia area (in Oaks, PA). An extensive collection of, well, almost everything!  Something for everyone.

http://americantreasuretour.com/

Let me know as soon as you know if you are going to join us.  Happy (rest of) Summer!

Joe
mr matt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

To the remnants of OCOD ;

Not sure if anyone checks this site anymore, but if people have time, this is a fun show to go to.. free food & drinks, VW's and other antique cars for a change up.

I will be going and a few from South Jersey VW club are also going. Will be meeting up with them part way...

Hope all is well...

Matt

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157
Jump to:
Page 157 of 157

Jump to: