Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TDE/Theo Decker Essen/Riechert Tuning
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: TDE/Theo Decker Essen/Riechert Tuning Reply with quote

I know this isn't truly "Vintage Speed" by the definition of this Forum. But the parts I'm using are truly vintage and in the spirit more of "Vintage Speed" than simply High Performance. I am after a particular look more than gobs of HP. I like offbeat, odd and/or unusual VW or aftermarket accessories. I like people to look at my stuff and scratch their head and ask questions. More "Wow, what is that?" than "I've seen that in every issue of HVWs." So, here are my latest acquisitions.

I just received my Riechert Tuning DP manifolds and 34 PCI carbs from Al in Australia. Couldn't wait, so I had to mock them up on the only DP engine I had. I have been collecting parts for this setup since I found a very early TDE dual carb setup in the refridgerator of a '69 Westy in a junkyard in Jolon, CA. It wasn't complete, plus no one I asked had ever heard of TDE, so I kept looking. I am always on the lookout for certain things and whenever something by TDE came up on The Samba, I was right there. Sometimes I got it, other times not. But my collection grew and I am now at the point where I can start using my parts on actual engines. I know, imagine that!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This isn't the shroud I plan on using. It was just handy. But the other stuff and then some-

will be going on my new 1700 engine. This is an original TDE bypass oil filter. I'm sure it is identical to others but I never found any in the Gallery.

Boy, talk about complicated! But cool. And I know it is 180* off now. I also think it will be a real challenge to sync the carbs.

Should be pretty unusual, especially with the Flat4 Abarth and straight cut timing gears.

I'm not sure there is enough equalization going on here!

The cross bar in front is for the TDE SP manifolds. It is earlier, but much simpler. Ah, complification!

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by cru62 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Der6VoltFahrers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tde-kaefer-tuning.de/
Wolfgang1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello cru62,

congrats to your find! Very Happy

The other german company calls "Riechert" not Reichert.

You can find Mr. Riechert and his parts here:

http://www.riechertmotorentechnik.de/

He`s selling vw tuning parts since the 60ties!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I would correct your headline, otherwise no one find it with the search Wink

Regards,
Wolfgang
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed! ^

Wolfgang-
I've been to the Riechert site before. It is pretty cool that most of the stuff is still available. The site itself (at least in English) is pretty lame. But I would like to see about the 40P-II linkage. I have a rebuilt set that I want to build a motor for. Right now I have a "Sauer und sonnen" linkage which is cool, but not nearly as "Germanic" as the one on the Riechert site. It resembles the old EMPI linkage.

Der6VoltFahrers-
Thanks for that link. I don't know why it never came up in any of my searches. That oil cooler looks like it needs to find a place on my Doka. Any idea of the paint used for the manifolds? I would love to find a can of that! The other set of SP manifolds I am using needs a repaint!

Der6VoltFahrers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another cool site, but itīs only in german language tough Confused

http://www.kaeferfriseure.de/

Lotīs of cool stuff Wink

Greets Mario
Wolfgang1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:

Der6VoltFahrers-
Thanks for that link. I don't know why it never came up in any of my searches.

Easy to say, TDE aka Theo Decker stopped his company many years ago. But in the "winds of vintage speed" friends and family convinced him to "do it again".

And so he launched some months ago a website, something very new for these "old men of vw speed".

Wolfgang
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a couple of more things done for the Vintage Speed engine. I've had the Porsche oil filler for a LOOOONG time. I always thought it looked pretty cool, but it was not going to be a straight bolt-on. So, I fabbed up an adapter, blasted both it and the generator stand and the 7-69 date coded valve covers.-

Lots more to do, but at least something is getting done!

k4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: TDE/Theo Decker Essen/Riechert Tuning Reply with quote

my TDE in the 15 windows bus 1960
JonnyB32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: TDE/Theo Decker Essen/Riechert Tuning Reply with quote

Hi guys I've
managed to source a pair of tde single port manifolds! What I need to know is what carburetors would have been used on them ?,would they fit a 1962 1200 40hp, and what can be used for linkages, pictures, diagrams etc Many thanks this will be my first old speed part and I'm determined to make them work 😉! Cheers jon
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: TDE/Theo Decker Essen/Riechert Tuning Reply with quote

JonnyB32 wrote:
Hi guys I've
managed to source a pair of tde single port manifolds! What I need to know is what carburetors would have been used on them ?,would they fit a 1962 1200 40hp, and what can be used for linkages, pictures, diagrams etc Many thanks this will be my first old speed part and I'm determined to make them work 😉! Cheers jon

First off do you know if its for a single port 1500cc/1600cc single port head heads . If they are you have to upgrade your 40hp case to the bigger 1600cc jugs and 1500/1600 cc single port heads ... tde manifolds used solex 32pci or 34 pci carbs ...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: