Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear speaker replacement in 93-03 Eurovan - 4" Fosgate R14x2
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Rear speaker replacement in 93-03 Eurovan - 4" Fosgate R14x2 Reply with quote

After installing a Sony XAV-AX100 head unit (see that thread here) , Kenwood KAC-M3004 amplifier, and Kenwood KFC-P-710PS front door speakers in my 01 EV I replaced the rear speakers as welll with Fosgate 4" R14X2. The rear speakers are the same in all weekenders, I did this in our older 1993 as well as our current 2001.

Here's the details:

*Carefully remove the speaker grill by pulling/prying. I used a hook tool to start
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

*Remove screws and unplug speaker:

*remove metal bracket (there are 3 metal clips)

*Cut the old speaker basket so all that is left is the outter ring and the wire harness connector (I used side cutters and snipped it off)

*Bend the screw tabs on the Fosgate R14X2 as close to the inner side of the screw slot as possible.

*Drill and fasten screws. I only used two per speaker, also you might want to start each hole for a marker and then remove the speaker to finish drilling as you will be going through the metal frame which makes shavings which are attracted to the speaker. Put the 3 metal retaining clips back on and assembled the frame and speaker. I also trimmed the ends of the speaker flanges by the screw holes so the wouldn't stick out.

*Connect the speaker wire to the speaker, trim it to length and then solder/attached the other end to the factory terminals. (sorry, no picture for this one)

*Plug the speaker back in and fasten it back into the van

I put a little bit of grease on the tabs of the speaker grill so it will be easier to remove in the future if needed.
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear speaker replacement in 93-03 Eurovan - 4" Fosgate R14x2 Reply with quote

Just a quick note to say thanks for your posts. I plan to refer to some of them later when I get to upgrading our sound system, etc. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear speaker replacement in 93-03 Eurovan - 4" Fosgate R14x2 Reply with quote

IdeaNerd wrote:
Just a quick note to say thanks for your posts. I plan to refer to some of them later when I get to upgrading our sound system, etc. Smile

I'm glad the post(s) were helpful. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: