Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

green westfalia
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wasabiVdubbin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: green westfalia Reply with quote

Hey guys I have searched and not been very successful but I am looking to buy an original "green" westfalia. It was my first bus I owned and sold it and now I would like to find another one. Didn't see many on the ads. Does anyone know of a nice one for sale?
WildIdea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

The Sage green Bus shouldn't be that though to find. Might just take diligent watching if the classifieds. They seem to come around offered for sale regularly. Finding a solid one may take some waiting and they will command nice premiums for low rust and originality.
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

76-79 Sage Green bays are commonplace, and they come up for sale frequently. Westfalias with shiny paint and glossy wheels are red flags for me, I’d look for something that’s solid body wise, runs, and doesn’t have electrical blemishes all over. Fuel injection still intact and operating shows signs of knowledgeable and caring previous owners.
Just food for thought. Good hunting, Sage Green is my favorite Bay Westy color.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

Avoid the green ones, they aren't ripe yet Wink

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
WildIdea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

There's one in the classifieds here right now
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
Sage Green is my favorite Bay Westy color.

That's Blasphemy, Sam!! Very Happy
If mine weren't Chrome Yellow, I would go for Brilliant Orange like yours. And the transformation of your bus between today and when you dug it out of the woods is amazing.

Busdaddy: You get detention for that comment. Laughing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wasabiVdubbin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

this is my bus on the big island....somewhere is my green westfalia...i just love the green plaid and something about that color just makes it.
RixiesRide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago my boss asked me if I was interested in a camper van. He said he saw one for sale parked on the side of the road in the small town of Lockeford.

I told him I wasn't really interested unless it was a killer deal. Of course he didn't stop to get any info and all he knew was it was green.

Today he stopped in with a picture of the bus and pictures of the signs in the windows. He said he looked inside and it looked pretty well taken care of. 15k, rebuilt engine and transmission. Oh and it's a '79

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/RixiesRide/WW/
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

1.5k maybe
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
1.5k maybe

How can you say that? It could be a 1 or 2 owner rustfree bus with a mountain of reciepts dating back to the dealer window sticker and a fresh engine built by a reputable shop with the yellow pail and the whole nine yards of options included and working, you never know until you kick the tires in person.

I dragged my feet for a couple weeks on my 72 after a freind of a freind said there was a bus for sale on the side of the road because I didn't need another project, I was in the neighborhood one day and went to look just to kill the curiosity and bought it right on the spot.

Many are rotted abused turds, but there is still the odd one that's been loved and sheltered but the owner doesn't think stuff like that is worth mentioning and it's advertised as just another used car, sleep well tonight Rixie Wink Smile

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
SamboSamba22 wrote:

If mine weren't Chrome Yellow, I would go for Brilliant Orange like yours.

No guys, obviously Yosemite Yellow is the best color... Laughing
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

Are you on the big island? I think Ive seen you drive through Kona. Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RixiesRide
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Abscate wrote:
1.5k maybe

How can you say that? It could be a 1 or 2 owner rustfree bus with a mountain of reciepts dating back to the dealer window sticker and a fresh engine built by a reputable shop with the yellow pail and the whole nine yards of options included and working, you never know until you kick the tires in person.

I dragged my feet for a couple weeks on my 72 after a freind of a freind said there was a bus for sale on the side of the road because I didn't need another project, I was in the neighborhood one day and went to look just to kill the curiosity and bought it right on the spot.

Many are rotted abused turds, but there is still the odd one that's been loved and sheltered but the owner doesn't think stuff like that is worth mentioning and it's advertised as just another used car, sleep well tonight Rixie Wink Smile

I didn't think the price was too out-of-line based on some of the rusty crusty stuff I've seen posted for sale.

The owner obviously doesn't know about this site and Im going to assume that the "we'll help you sell it and finance it too" website may be the ones who came up with the price. The note on the window looked like it was written by a child or an elderly person.

I did find the site where it is listed and the pictures show it is a very clean, straight bus. Of course I wouldn't pay 15k, but if I really wanted a green bus I might a reaso offer.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/RixiesRide/WW/
WildIdea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

Again, thinking about this thread today and I wanted to add:

I would probably hunt, search and wait for a solid rust free or close to rust free Westy with a somewhat intact, reparable interior and let the color pick me.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Abscate wrote:
1.5k maybe

How can you say that?

The 1,5, and k keys are easy, the . Key takes some hunting.

Without pics, it's a turd. It's a scarce world of people with 15k for a rusty busty, and a road side seller asking that with a pasty sign is a sophisticated flipper or worse.
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
KentPS wrote:
SamboSamba22 wrote:

Dang fool kids, don't know nothin' nowadays... Evil or Very Mad

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
67ctbug wrote:
KentPS wrote:
SamboSamba22 wrote:

Dang fool kids, don't know nothin' nowadays... Evil or Very Mad

Laughing Maybe Orange and Yellow are a tie....
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: green westfalia Reply with quote

here is a sportsmobile with a westy interior. or it could be a westy with a sportsmobile pop top and windows. 8000 obo. does not look too bad from the pics.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2093299
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: