Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Body Repair Panels? FAQ
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChipWrecked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

Smurf wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get a good looking long wall rocker for a '77? I emailed gerson and he said he doesn't stock them anymore. The perforations in the repair panels I see around scare me and the one that's on my bus is of that quality lol.

I bought the 14" long side rocker set just about 5 weeks ago. Shipping was $50, but it arrived unscathed. Great stuff.
Smurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

ChipWrecked wrote:
Smurf wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get a good looking long wall rocker for a '77? I emailed gerson and he said he doesn't stock them anymore. The perforations in the repair panels I see around scare me and the one that's on my bus is of that quality lol.

I bought the 14" long side rocker set just about 5 weeks ago. Shipping was $50, but it arrived unscathed. Great stuff.

For 71-73 or for ALL Years? My bus is a '77.

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
smurf, his website shows he has them.....do you just need to get on his list/make an order with him or did he stop making them all together?

I can screen shot my email he sent saying "we do not have that panel at this time". His site does say he has the 6" ALL YEARS panel...what does that mean? What's the difference between the '71-'73 and ALL YEARS? Will the 14" panel fit my '77 with the little short rocker being the only difference?

"Traveling in a fried-out Kombi
On a hippie trail head full of zombie"
-Men at Work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

They're here!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQRiDQOh7aM/

Gerson has full Baywindow noses.
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

Hopefully this will help someone out sometime.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Side by side are both the right side inner rockers for my 78 - the cheapy one and the new better (solid) one, both purchased from Bus Depot. The quality difference is obvious. The better one is solid and full length.

Noteworthy is the cheapy one with the notches is incorrectly shown on the Busdepot website right now - it's shown as a solid rocker in the photo - it's not.

If you need the solid one, buy the "better quality UK made" product.
vwbill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

Can anyone help me out on where to order (or not order) some quality doglegs (with step) for a 78? Cip1 "best quality" out of stock, KlassicFab only has the early ones listed, West Coast Metric has some but all they could tell me is that they were from china. I'm hoping to do this right the first time and would love to not end up with crap replacements. Thank you.
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

WW is now producing these. They have always produced quality pieces. So these should also be excellent. But hopefully someone will have real time feedback. Hope this helps.
lil-jinx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

Concept1 sent out a email flyer recently with what looked like a nice dogleg,much like the part cip1 was selling.
1968 Dune Buggy
1974 parts bus
A smart man learns from his mistakes,a very smart man learns from other's mistakes.
obx71super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

Anyone have experience with raybuck body panels? I know Vw, klassicfab are the way to go but selection of those can be limited. Just wondering if raybuck stuff is better than the other repops
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

Never heard of them...link?

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
obx71super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

https://raybuck.com/panels/volkswagen/
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

Looking at their site, it looks like they're just reselling cheap crap components. A lot of the parts look suspiciously like Klokkerholm.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Looking at their site, it looks like they're just reselling cheap crap components. A lot of the parts look suspiciously like Klokkerholm.

Some of them have the wrinkly Klokkerholm look about them for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

But, they say, "All of our fender patch panels are constructed of heavy gauge stamped steel that meets or exceeds the thickness of the original body panel that it’s replacing." That would be impressive, if it's true. But I agree that many of these have the Klokkerholm wave, which would indicate thinner metal. Think

And the site is laid out decently, making it simple enough to find things. I'm talking to you, Gerson Caicedo. Smile
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

Looks chineseium to me

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

Raybuck reviews
https://www.google.com/search?q=Raybuck+reviews&am...-oGrv3Tv3o
lil-jinx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

I see a klokerholm dog leg in their line up,but the price is not bad.
1968 Dune Buggy
1974 parts bus
A smart man learns from his mistakes,a very smart man learns from other's mistakes.
lil-jinx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

Here is an example of the one of the best panel on the market,Gerson panel,it is too short and the body lines are off,

1968 Dune Buggy
1974 parts bus
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

TomWesty wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:

Some of them have the wrinkly Klokkerholm look about them for sure.

I just welded in a Klokkerholm battery tray in my Thing a couple weeks ago. I was told that the Beetle tray would work.

It didn't fit quite right and the ribs didn't match up at all. Could be because there actually is a difference between Beetle and Thing trays, I suppose.

Luckily I decided that I didn't care much about this part that will never really be seen and now I don't have to worry about the battery falling out.

I just looked at their battery tray and it sure looks the same as my Klokkerholm part.

Then I noticed their Instant Message feature.

The person who responded says all of their VW Panels are made by either "Key Parts" or Klokkerholm.

So I guess that is to say, "Move along, nothing to see here."

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

FWIW, Thing pans are the same or closely related to Ghia pans.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? FAQ Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
FWIW, Thing pans are the same or closely related to Ghia pans.

Yeah, I don't remember who told me that the Beetle battery tray would fit, but I do know that the Thing's floor is more closely related to the Ghia.

But the relevant info is that RayBuck told me they are selling Klokkerholm panels!

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Page 38 of 41

Jump to: