Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Invader Gt assembly manual
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
purple beast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Invader Gt assembly manual Reply with quote

Any ideas where one might be found??
It is apparently as rare as the car itself. Crying or Very sad
Bluggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Invader Gt assembly manual Reply with quote

Many still out there and so are kits being sold privately. Try making contact with one of the owners..one guy had a manual but it was sold.

Good luck.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Invader Gt assembly manual Reply with quote

Yeah...I doubt you will be able to find one. Are you looking for it as a collector piece? You really don't need one for a simple build like the Invader.
purple beast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Invader Gt assembly manual Reply with quote

I am "restoring" my families Invader GT. My Father bought it to be put together by us as a family car. It is my dad's baby in my eyes. He loved to tinker & add odd stuff..."don't touch it if it's dusty you'll scratch it!" (When I was very young) he is in his 80's now & thus can no longer give her the TLC she deserves. (Nor remember..he swears the raked windshield is off his dad's bug Shocked ..its a K.G.). So, I (youngest) have brought her home. I was hoping the assembly manual might guide me as to just where the heater box cables are run (where HE might have run them) he chose twist knobs in the ceiling behind the driver/pass heads. (He also apparently moved the E-brake)The cables are frozen on 2. I don't want to rip down the perfectly good headliner. (Yyep still in place). She's all original down to tbe burber (?) Carpet. Blue Bug VW Logo
I want to get her done while he is still with us & let him rest assured she's being properly cared for.. Very Happy
Bluggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Invader Gt assembly manual Reply with quote

Just doing a search here brings up 4 threads regarding the Invader.

They posters might not be on here much, last post was 2013 but still PM them, you might get a lead.

The latest thread was about wiring

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6745897

and here is the link to the harnesses which one of the guys used, they are still in business and might be able to help with the Invader

http://rebelwire.com/rebel-wire-products.php?cat=Wire%20Kits
Bluggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Invader Gt assembly manual Reply with quote

The third post down in that thread..

pudlo wrote:
hey itfitz98

I think I still have the build manual for the Invader GT5.

that seam or what ever it is is not ORG.

the gas tank was to go up front. It sat on welded tubing up bought with the kit.

here is a pic of Mine.
more in my gallery if you want ot se it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

So PM or email Pudlo and see if you can get a lead from there....man I am doing your home work for you LOL
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Invader Gt assembly manual Reply with quote

Quote:
I am "restoring" my families Invader GT. My Father bought it to be put together by us as a family car. It is my dad's baby in my eyes. He loved to tinker & add odd stuff..."don't touch it if it's dusty you'll scratch it!" (When I was very young) he is in his 80's now & thus can no longer give her the TLC she deserves. (Nor remember..he swears the raked windshield is off his dad's bug ..its a K.G.). So, I (youngest) have brought her home. I was hoping the assembly manual might guide me as to just where the heater box cables are run (where HE might have run them) he chose twist knobs in the ceiling behind the driver/pass heads. (He also apparently moved the E-brake)The cables are frozen on 2. I don't want to rip down the perfectly good headliner. (Yyep still in place). She's all original down to tbe burber (?) Carpet.
I want to get her done while he is still with us & let him rest assured she's being properly cared for.. "

That's pretty cool that you get to do that. I recently lost my Dad and certainly miss spending time with him.

While I have never built an Invader (several others) I doubt that re-routing the heater cables to the roof line was part of the build. On a stock VW heater cables come out to levers (or a knob on older pans) near the e-brake (levers) or the shifter (knob). Therefore I doubt a assembly manual would help you for that.

I would just disconnect them from the knobs, tie a string to them, and pull them out from the heater boxes. Then you can use the same string to pull new ones back up to the knobs.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: