Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW bus westy how to get title?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm8255
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: VW bus westy how to get title? Reply with quote

Hello!
I've got VW bus from 1970. I'm looking for someone who will help me to get certificate of title. I've got bill fo sale only. Help please
Is there anyone who can help me and knows a lot about this procedure?
I 've heard that here is someone who is helping to get certifice of title.
Let me know please
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: VW bus westy how to get title? Reply with quote

Get title from seller.

Barring that, start doing research on Illinois DMV web site.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VW bus westy how to get title? Reply with quote

Vermont
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Squeeze Cheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VW bus westy how to get title? Reply with quote

sjbartnik wrote:
Get title from seller.

Barring that, start doing research on Illinois DMV web site.

Or head over to your local tag and title office and ask them how to do it. Different procedure in every state. Probably involves getting a bonded title.
78' Dakota Beige Westy. “Skills” EJ25 engine conversion w/ zero mile factory short block, Delta 1000 cams, heater core and modified Gilmore AC. Matt Steedle 091 transaxle upgrade w/ 4.14 ring and pinion, Folts aluminum gear carrier. General Grabber AT2s on stock wheels. Solar powered aux battery w/ inverter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BayAllTheWay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW bus westy how to get title? Reply with quote

I've gone through the State of Vermont twice for buses. Costs roughly $350, and is fairly painless as opposed to trying to go through all the hoops and loops of bonding titles, 27 visits to the Tag agency, Highway partol to verify vin, yadda yadda. My .02.
BerneseMtnDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: VW bus westy how to get title? Reply with quote

I used these guys back in the late 90's for a lost Lotus title: http://www.broadwaytitle.com/

Steve
avoll
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: VW bus westy how to get title? Reply with quote

Probably varys some from state to state, but in Iowa you can apply for a bonded title. Cost $100, you fill out a form wait about a month, then fill out another form along with sending about 10 pictures of the vehicle, from all angles including vin #. Then few months later they will send you the paper work, you then take that to a insurance company that deals in bonded titles, pay about $100. Then take all that to the dot and they will give you a bonded title, pay more $. After a year of having a bonded title you can go back to dot and get clean regular title.
A bill of sale definitely helps move the process faster along.
Good luck
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VW bus westy how to get title? Reply with quote

There is a ton of info on title stuff on this site with a quick search. Each state is different, and you must check with your DMV first.

The Vermont title route works well for most. Broadway title has gone down hill. Search for both and you will find the info.

What works in Iowa, or Texas, or CA has no bearing on what you may need to do to get your title in IL.

Here is one search under "title" in the split bus section. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc...=titleonly

Here's a search in the bay forum. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc...=titleonly

One more from the general topic section. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc...=titleonly
mattlockwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: VW bus westy how to get title? Reply with quote

BayAllTheWay wrote:
I've gone through the State of Vermont twice for buses. Costs roughly $350, and is fairly painless as opposed to trying to go through all the hoops and loops of bonding titles, 27 visits to the Tag agency, Highway partol to verify vin, yadda yadda. My .02.

^^^This. I've done it twice now. Fairly straightforward.

PM me if you want the exact details.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: