Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Utah VW Classic 2017 - Riverton, UT September 15-16, 2017
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwbus23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Utah VW Classic 2017 - Riverton, UT September 15-16, 2017 Reply with quote

Utah VW Classic on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/761560360577852/

September 16th brings us the 8th annual Utah VW Classic. Utah's largest All VW and early Porsche show. The show is again being presented by Kustom Coach Werks (KCW) and the Utah Transporter Association.

Friday the 15th - Open House at Volkswagen SouthTowne from 6pm-8pm. Come relax at the dealership, meet new friends, and get dinner from food trucks.

Friday the 15th - FREE CAMPING right next to Utah Lake on BLM land. Mile marker 19 on Redwood Road, Saratoga Springs, UT. 30 minute drive south of show.

Saturday the 16th - FREE SHOW and SHINE 9AM-2PM

The show is on the grass of the Riverton City Hall park (located just west of Redwood Road).
Swap area, vendor row, show t-shirts by LeMorris, cool awards and a huge raffle to benefit our Bussin' For Santa Christmas event.

Bring your air cooled AND water cooled VWs or early Porsches to the show on SEPTEMBER 16th from 9am-2pm.

As always the show is free to enter and attend, so invite your friends, family, anyone you know to come enjoy the cars on display. This is a family and pet friendly event with a playground for the kids. Whether your VW is a project, daily driver, show quality, or trailer queen we want to see you there. 2016 event had 250 cars on the grass for the show and numerous from out of state, we're hoping for more in 2017!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RustyDC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Utah VW Classic 2017 - Riverton, UT September 15-16, 2017 Reply with quote

Can't wait!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwbus23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Utah VW Classic 2017 - Riverton, UT September 15-16, 2017 Reply with quote

***UPDATE TO LOCATION***

At the request of Riverton City wanting the Utah VW Classic to join in their What’s Up In Riverton, the 2017 Utah VW Classic has a last minute venue change. The show is moving 2 blocks east to the Riverton City Park. Here is a link to the Park entrance off 12600 South. http://tinyurl.com/UtahVWClassicEntrance

We will be on the west side of the park where you will be able to park your VWs and have plenty of grass to set up your shade by your VW or you can set up and socialize in large grass areas near registration and vendors.

The show area has access to a great playground for the kids. Big splashpad (weather permitting). Pavilion if you want a spot to eat food from one of the food vendors. Tons of open space for the kids to run around and play. A skate park for those who like to shred.

We have some great raffle prizes coming in again this year. Remember all proceeds from the raffle go to support Bussin’ for Santa in December.

If you haven’t registered, go here https://tinyurl.com/UtahVWClassicRegistration

Preregistration only raffle – Optima Red Top Battery courtesy of Point S Tire in Heber City.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Utah VW Classic 2017 - Riverton, UT September 15-16, 2017 Reply with quote

Holy smokes! What a great bunch of people! I just got back home after spending yesterday at this fantastic event. Many congratulations to the team of volunteers who relocated this show at literally the last minute and made it seem like you've been there for years. Your use of the venue and layout worked wonderfully from a visitor's perspective. Had a great time, scored a few neat swap meet finds and took a lot of pictures. I'm pleased to count an additional friend ever time I visit these awesome Utah folks.

I especially congratulate a nice family I met- The Tenneys. These folks brought my appreciation for my hobby to a new level. VWs aside- you all should visit them on facebook- but at least, at www.brightonaday.org.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Utah VW Classic 2017 - Riverton, UT September 15-16, 2017 Reply with quote

Photos are up!!

Facebook users can check them out here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.15957607...0a7d386415
Please TAG yourselves & your friends.

Non-facebookers can see them on my website here: https://www.ericarnoldphotography.com/utah-vw-classic-2017/
A lot of photos here, so give it a second or two to load.

Thanks!
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: